PDA

View Full Version : Prayer Request for my Aunt

WRideout
03-02-2019, 09:15 AM
My 93 year-old aunt Bessie fell and broke her femur bone a few days ago. She has been in and out of the hospital and nursing home since then. She is in the hospital again today, and has some mental difficulties as well, which is pretty normal for old folks who break a major bone. Please keep her in your prayers. Thanks.

Wayne

Boaz
03-02-2019, 09:23 AM
Wayne I'm praying for aunt Bessie . Dang it ! This is so common for the old folks to fall and break something . Please keep us up on her progress brother .

Pine Baron
03-02-2019, 09:23 AM
Prayers of healing sent for Aunt Bessie.

USMC87
03-02-2019, 10:00 AM
We are praying for Bessie.

jcren
03-02-2019, 10:18 AM
Prayers sent

WRideout
03-02-2019, 12:28 PM
Thanks; this means a lot to me.

Wayne

Pete44mag
03-02-2019, 10:22 PM
Prayers are being sent for Aunt Bessie!

Preacher Jim
03-02-2019, 10:34 PM
Praying for aunt Bessie. May the Lord knit those bones together.

GhostHawk
03-03-2019, 08:26 AM
I just spent 6 weeks in New Orleans camped in my 91 yr old aunt's driveway.

Really made we wish I had gotten down there sooner. She is a grand old gal but as bessy is having issues with short term memory.

Praying for Bessie (and Skelly)

koehn,jim
03-03-2019, 08:32 AM
Prayers sent.

daloper
03-03-2019, 08:55 AM
Father God I lift up Aunt Bessie to you this morning. Lay your healing hands upon her and knit her bones together. Heal her of any pain that she may be having and give her comfort. Give wisdom to the care givers that they will be able to provide the treatment that she needs. Be with the family and give them peace and show them that you are with them all. You, Oh God, can do all things and you are a God that loves your children. In the name of your Son, and our Savior, Jesus Christ, I pray. Amen.

Pine Baron
03-03-2019, 09:00 AM
Father God I lift up Aunt Bessie to you this morning. Lay your healing hands upon her and knit her bones together. Heal her of any pain that she may be having and give her comfort. Give wisdom to the care givers that they will be able to provide the treatment that she needs. Be with the family and give them peace and show them that you are with them all. You, Oh God, can do all things and you are a God that loves your children. In the name of your Son, and our Savior, Jesus Christ, I pray. Amen.

Beautiful prayer brother. Amen.

jmort
03-03-2019, 09:01 AM
Praying for Aunt Bessie
God Bless Bessie

RED BEAR
03-03-2019, 01:43 PM
Happy to do it prayers sent.

WRideout
03-03-2019, 08:35 PM
Nothing new today; my brother is following up on her care.

Wayne

Boaz
03-03-2019, 09:10 PM
Still praying Wayne . I have high hopes for aunt Bessie . Thank you for the report .

Sig556r
03-03-2019, 09:27 PM
Healing prayers on the way...

buckwheatpaul
03-03-2019, 11:16 PM
Father please be with Bessie as You allow her to heal. Please give her a clear mind and take any confusion and fears away from her. Father, Your healing of Bessie would be such a wonderful thing not only for her but for her family and I ask and pray that You be with her and her family at this critical time in her life and walk with You. AMEN

WRideout
03-06-2019, 07:16 PM
Aunt Bessie is back in the nursing home. Time will tell. No other news at this time. Thanks for all the prayers and concerns.

Wayne

Boaz
03-06-2019, 09:46 PM
Thank you Wayne . Praying daily .

daloper
03-07-2019, 06:58 AM
Father God. We lift up Aunt Bessie to you again this morning. We praise you for the good news that she is out of the hospital. We ask that you be with her and continue to knit her bones back together. Be with her caregivers and help them to do what is right for her needs. Be with the family and give them peace. In the name of your Son and our Savior, Jesus Christ, we pray. Amen.

Shawlerbrook
03-07-2019, 07:24 AM
Prayers to Aunt Bessie and her family !

Sig556r
03-07-2019, 08:36 AM
My 89-yr-old mom is currently visiting us from abroad & I can empathize with what your family is going through as mine already fell twice on her cane trying to be as independent as she can be. The deterioration of physical & mental balance of the fine woman who raised me, passing before my eyes, is a deep sorrow to watch.
May your aunt get a speedy recovery...prayers for her.

WRideout
03-11-2019, 07:10 AM
My 89-yr-old mom is currently visiting us from abroad & I can empathize with what your family is going through as mine already fell twice on her cane trying to be as independent as she can be. The deterioration of physical & mental balance of the fine woman who raised me, passing before my eyes, is a deep sorrow to watch.
May your aunt get a speedy recovery...prayers for her.

Thanks, Sig. I lost my mom a few years ago, and it is hard to watch.
Wayne

WRideout
03-15-2019, 07:38 PM
According to my brother, Aunt Bessie is getting better and next week will move from the skilled nursing facility to a personal care home. Thanks for all the prayers and support.

Wayne

Pine Baron
03-16-2019, 07:49 AM
Thanks for the update Wayne. Prayers continue for Aunt Bessie.

Boaz
03-16-2019, 05:00 PM
Dang right ! You made my evening Wayne ! Still praying daily for aunt Bessie . I am glad to here this update !

Hickok
03-16-2019, 08:10 PM
Prayers sent, amen.

Preacher Jim
03-16-2019, 08:29 PM
Thank you, Lord Jesus

WRideout
03-20-2019, 06:27 AM
Aunt Bessie is well enough to go to a group home tomorrow. She still wants to go home, but it doesn't look like she will ever be able to do that without twenty-four hour care. My brother is making all the arrangements. The lady that runs it used to work with Bessie at the state hospital.

Wayne

Boaz
03-20-2019, 07:56 AM
I understand completely . It's hard for her and family but see it almost daily . I am glad she is doing better , enough to be placed . Still praying .

WRideout
03-30-2019, 08:53 AM
I flew out to CA this week to visit my aunt. I got there on Tuesday, and spent time with her on Wednesday and Thursday. She is doing remarkably well; can walk short distances without assistance, and is mentally pretty clear. We were both glad to see each other and had a really good visit. The home where she is staying is very nice, and the owners treat the people extremely well. On the last day, they had a karaoke sing for the residents, and I got the mike for a couple of oldies songs that I knew. Bessie used to sing, but she has had a tracheotomy for ten or fifteen years now, and can't even talk. But she sat on the couch bobbing to the music, and waving her hands "directing" me.

This has been hard for me because it reminds me so much of the time I flew out to Abilene TX to visit my mother, when she was in hospice care. I know it's not the same but I can still feel it. Thanks for all your support. The power of prayer is awesome.

Wayne

Boaz
03-30-2019, 09:58 AM
Glad aunt Bessie is doing so well ! Prayer continues for recovery to keep this pace .