PDA

View Full Version : What's the Deal?

Bman
12-05-2005, 05:05 PM
As a fairly new member to this board and compared to most here a newbie boolit caster I would appreciate someone cluing me in on the group buy deal.

I joined to get in on the 311041 buy. I have found most folks here to be friendly and very helpful. I hope they continue to be this way as I have a ton of newbie questions just waiting to be asked.

I don't speak for anyone but myself. I was happy with 56.00 per mould and sent my check. Getting the cost down to 37.00 sounded like a great deal, but it is looking too good to be true. It looks like my very first group buy mould is going to be greatly delayed because of someone's pissing contest. I do NOT want my check back. I WILL patiently wait for my mould. It IS worth 19.00 to me in the future not to put up with what is going on right now.

Brian Golden

Char-Gar
12-05-2005, 05:48 PM
Brian..the 311407 molds are in and all have been shipped. If you don't have yours yet, you should in a day or so. The current angst has nothing to do with that mold buy.

I am truly sorry, you have to be exposed to all of this dirty laundry. This board is truly made from fine folks who know their stuff, but there is some personal conflict between some and that pours over here at times. Hang in there..it will go away..it always does.

Char-Gar
12-05-2005, 06:01 PM
Brian..I guess I am getting old..I have been seeing 311407 for so long, that my brain read that into your post. I see you are talking about another mold. I really don't knowwhat the situation is with that.

Bman
12-05-2005, 07:08 PM
I had expressed an interest in that one also but could only afford one GB right now. Looking like I should have gone the other way!

Willbird
12-05-2005, 08:06 PM
Brian, I like the Honcho of the 31141 deal, and I do not think he will allow you to get hosed. DavidR has my 100% vote of confidence to see this through properly.

Bill

Bman
12-05-2005, 08:27 PM
Bill, thanks for the reassurance! I was just ranting and thinking about it more since it did not help I should have kept my mouth shut. I was very hopeful that we could lower the price of these moulds, I'm on a tight income right now and the more I can get for my $$ the better. Within reason. I was all for waiting a few weeks to get the lower price. Now it seems until the dust settles it might be considerably longer. I do not know this group very well but have no doubt every thing will work out in the wash.

As an 'outsider' it looks like there are some personal issues playing out and unfortunately it will effect a large group of folks. You can be sure before I get in on another GB I'll be asking some Q's. Especially now I know which ones to ask.

Newtire
12-08-2005, 09:52 PM
Hi Bman,
After seeing what the Honcho's go thru to head up one of these deals, my hats are off to them. Funny how the flames fly around here once in awhile. Really is the best board around. Back in the "Shooters" board days was the same general bunch of guys. You always will get the straight story from someone here I've found. There are a few folks on this board who might be a bit on the "touchy" side too but maybe all these years finally begins to take the toll. Reminds me...Got to take that Coreg tablet before I forget!
Hang in there buddy!
Newtire

Cayoot
12-09-2005, 10:38 AM
Hey BMan,

I have to second Newtires comments.

I lurk alot more than I contribute here, but I have been involved with a number of forums in the past and I gotta say, this group of guys is the best I've seen on the net. In fact, this is just about the only forum I ever go to any more, and I spend alot of time lurking here.

Stick around, you will be delighted with how much you learn and you will really come to appreciate these guys and how much work they put into this (with no expectations of anything in return).

These are the kind of guys you would want for friends and neighbors.

Bman
12-09-2005, 01:31 PM
Thanks again guys! I don't plan on going anywhere anytime soon. I only have a few boards I hang out on and other than shooting they have this in common. The majority of members are great people. The kind of folks who love what they do, like to help others, are very patient with newbie questions and as the saying goes 'would do to ride the river with'. Of course everyone has a personality and some rub others the wrong way. I guess I was wondering if these flare ups were common or just the natural ocasional reality of more than one human interacting.

I am glad to hear this is doesn't go on all the time. I know a few people who are interested in this aspect of shooting, mostly on the internet. I wouldn't want to point them this way and find out cast boolits is like many other boards out there that really should be avoided.

Buckshot
12-10-2005, 03:38 AM
...........Bman I wrote and then deleted a post to yours above trying for one with the best answer.

First of all, we don't condone 'Flames'. We do condone adult level disagreements. Flames contain name calling, or profanity, baiting and just general hatefullness and argumentativeness for no reason, with usually no end in sight. Both parties involved in their current differences are both long time and valued members who have contributed a lot to the board, and nothing 'Flameworthy' is taking place.

Being a long time member doesn't grant special liscense to live outside the rules. It's just that the long association has allowed others to know them a bit better. If Deputy Al or Curmudgeon (among others) were to tell me. "Yo momma wears combat boots", I'd know exactly where they were coming from :D Also these little smiley faces and such help.

Re: Groups buys. The guy who accepts the responsibility for guiding and moderating a group buy (The Honcho) is 'Da Man' on the whole deal. Not anyone else. People who have sent in their checks, or before that, who are interested deal with him once someone steps forward to do it. The Honcho is the final arbiter and 'Go to' person.

The two gents involved in their current 'thing' are actually both concerned about what Lee produces for the various groups in their "Group Buys". They are both concerned by how Lee interprets and uses the info sent to them for the mould production.

...............Buckshot

Bman
12-10-2005, 05:49 AM
Buckshot, One thing I did notice about the 'thing' in question was how civil it went compared to activities on other sites. Some of the stuff said edged up close to flaming but did not fully go there. I was thinking 'uh oh, find a great site and ...' Somewhere else a poster 'called someone out' and was promptly and politely spanked. I might have jumped a bit quick but at the same time hoping those in question would see how it looks to an outsider or new member.

I plan on hanging around and earning my stripes. Maybe even be worthy of an intense adult disagreement one day. If anything all the posts on this thread shows the concern most have for this aspect of the sport and the caliber of folks who reside here.

Brian Golden