PDA

View Full Version : Time to move upstate !

SvenLindquist
03-01-2019, 10:01 AM
Bought pre-construction here in 1996 and have had a good run. Done all the things to do and after 20 years it's time to get closer to family as well as having a lot more shooting opportunities.

There there are the economics as my tiny house here will sell for what a mansion costs upstate.

Will miss sailing on America but will like a 300 yd rifle range.

Priorities at 75 are different than 55.

jmort
03-01-2019, 10:13 AM
God Speed

Plate plinker
03-02-2019, 10:09 AM
Ummmm what state?

Shawlerbrook
03-02-2019, 10:16 AM
Was wondering the same thing.

Petrol & Powder
03-02-2019, 10:45 AM
"Sailing on America" is a reference to the Schooner "America" and that would be in New York harbor. So, I'm going with New York.

Texas by God
03-02-2019, 10:59 AM
Other posts indicate Wyoming? You're not from Texas or you would have told us[emoji16]

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Der Gebirgsjager
03-02-2019, 11:49 AM
I read one of those amazing statistics one time that said something like you could move everyone in the US to Texas and give them a couple of acres and still have a little bit of Texas left over; but it's probably a good thing that everyone isn't from Texas or you wouldn't much like it anymore.

Hey, Sven, good luck to you. Health permitting, it's never too late to make a change, even a major one like you're doing.

DG

ascast
03-02-2019, 12:02 PM
here's what I like about Texas, they rank 3rd in size, after you cut Alaska in half. lol

MT Gianni
03-02-2019, 09:15 PM
I read one of those amazing statistics one time that said something like you could move everyone in the US to Texas and give them a couple of acres and still have a little bit of Texas left over; but it's probably a good thing that everyone isn't from Texas or you wouldn't much like it anymore.

Hey, Sven, good luck to you. Health permitting, it's never too late to make a change, even a major one like you're doing.

DG

IIRC the worlds population could fit in the city limits of Jacksonville, FL if they all stood in a 1 ft square space.

SvenLindquist
03-03-2019, 10:58 AM
The move is in FL as America sails out of Key West (where we have our home for sale).

https://sail-keywest.com/browse-by-boat/schooner-america-2-0/

Year is split between FL and WY.

Results of my sole "guiding" experience, old USAF buddy scoring a nice speed goat.

https://i.imgur.com/Ds0S3Vf.jpg

Petrol & Powder
03-03-2019, 03:58 PM
Ah........that makes sense.

But I've seen the "America" in New York, several times.

fatnhappy
03-04-2019, 08:20 AM
Sorry P&P, there's no America left in NY. It's a despotic communist enclave replete with a megalomaniacal tyrant.

SvenLindquist
03-04-2019, 09:37 AM
Sorry P&P, there's no America left in NY. It's a despotic communist enclave replete with a megalomaniacal tyrant.

Yup, I lived in Rochester for 50 years and watch it decline from the techno center of NYS to a welfare ghetto. As soon as we could we bailed and suddenly found we could afford an "evil rich" lifestyle. Two homes, horses, sports cars, big trucks, international travel and many, many guns. Yet I still have friends there who are too scared to leave while watching their tax bills increase, their homes value decrease and more and more rights stripped away.

With 2018's NYS tax shortfall of 5 BILLION, and a 2019 budget that in 9 BILLION over 2018s', combined with the loss of the BILLIONS from Amazon, NY is in deep dodo. Cuomo will respond as he always has by raising taxes. The final collapse will come when the banks and exchanges wake up and leave.

Mujica said "70 percent of the income tax that the state collects happens to come from Westchester, Nassau, Suffolk and New York City."

The actual number is somewhere between 66 percent and 82 percent, according to data from the state Division of Budget. Upstate counties only provide about 18 percent of the state’s income tax revenue."

As with Kalifornia, when those folks leave, the house of cards will collapse. Would any of you want to be in NY when the power shut off, the food deliveries stop, there is no gasoline and the police have all gone home to protect their families ?

"It can't happen here !" That's what the elites in Cuba and Venezuela thought too.

Geezer in NH
03-05-2019, 05:37 PM
Out of state would be better IMHO. NYS is the new MA, NJ, CA. Any legal gun owner is worse than a gangbanger in their opinion.

SvenLindquist
03-06-2019, 10:30 AM
Gonna be fun when the banks and exchanges pack up and leave. Welfare checks stop, riots start, cops and NG go home to protect families, gangs run amuck, no food/water/power/fuel, millions starve in the 1st winter.

A real life replay of THE ROAD !

"It can't happen here !" That's what the elites in Cuba and Venezuela thought too.