PDA

View Full Version : My dog passed yesterday

ghh3rd
02-27-2019, 06:02 PM
We were blessed to have her for 15 years... Jackie our Jack Russell. She passed away yesterday at home. She was definitely my dog, always following me.

I had convinced myself that I would be at piece when the time came, but I am finding out today that I was wrong. It’s amazing how deep one’s feelings can be for a pet.

LUCKYDAWG13
02-27-2019, 06:09 PM
I'm so sorry for your Loss she was a family member not a pet or at least how I feel about my girls

BigAlofPa.
02-27-2019, 06:23 PM
It's hard when we lose a long time family companion. My golden retriever is 14 years old. She just keeps going and going. I think she lives on for our younger dogs. Going to miss her a lot when she does pass.

Freightman
02-27-2019, 06:30 PM
Get another life is to short to live without a dog, unconditional LOVE.

square butte
02-27-2019, 06:34 PM
So sorry for your loss. I hope she's waitin for ya when you get there - In the meantime, I hope you find peace until it's time for another

curdog
02-27-2019, 06:34 PM
I am sorry for your loss. I feel your pain, dogs are wonderful companions. We have had 3 die in the last year. Skip was a 14 year old jack russel and she passed last November. I don't know how long it takes to get over the loss, it gets better but not much...………………………………..Curdog

rancher1913
02-27-2019, 06:58 PM
know just what your going thru, we lost our st bernard last week and I still expect him to come running up to see me when I get home.

joe leadslinger
02-27-2019, 07:11 PM
sorry for your loss of a loved member of your family.We all think we will be ready when the time comes,but it just seems to hit hard no matter what. I will say a prayer for you to stay strong and remember the good times. God Bless you and your family amen.

elmacgyver0
02-27-2019, 07:18 PM
Sorry for your loss.

lefty o
02-27-2019, 07:20 PM
thats a bummer.

pressonregardless
02-27-2019, 07:22 PM
They always take a big chunk of our hearts with them when they leave us.
Very sorry for your loss.

jeepvet
02-27-2019, 07:23 PM
Being a veterinarian I see people in your situation much more often than I care to. If you do not love your pet, it is just a dog. It is never easy to loose something you love, but it is part of life. It will get better with time ( sometimes a long time), but it will get better. Grieve for a time then jump back in and get you a new pet. It will never fill Jackie's paw prints, but it will make the tough time easier.

Conditor22
02-27-2019, 07:34 PM
It is soo hard to lose a friend that loves you unconditionally. More than once I've been mad at God for making their lifespan so short
https://i.imgur.com/QEVfd4Q.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/LhL01sl.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/dZova0L.png

1911sw45
02-27-2019, 07:40 PM
My condolences. They are much more than a pet, they are family! I got two that are around 10+ yrs old. My Daphne is whiting out fast, and starting to show her age. Plus I just had her at the vets on Friday because she really limps when she gets up and it use to go away as she got moving, takes a lot longer before she quits limping. While they was checking her out they found she as a heart murmur. Her heart is enlarged some. Don't have to have any treatment for it right now. Has arthritis in her shoulders and now taking rimdyl for it. She was back there getting the xray's and started whimpering and yelping. Boy did that get to me, I got a bad lump in my throat and tears start to flow. Just like a child when they are hurting and you can't do anything about it and had to watch from the sides. I know her times is coming just don't know when, and I am not at all ready for it. I rent and don't want to bury her here because we can move from here. So I am looking at cremation and I hate to do that because I don't want it done to myself. I just don't have any options. When her times comes I sure hope she passes in her sleep and I do not have to have her put down. Getting that lump in my throat again just thinking of it. So sorry for your lost. I feel for you.

Adam

DCP
02-27-2019, 07:55 PM

big bore 99
02-27-2019, 08:12 PM
Sorry for your loss. I've had German sheperds for years. The last time I lost one, I swore I'd wait 6 months to decide if I ever wanted another. Well, after 2 weeks, there I was, with another bouncing pup. I don't regret it.

xs11jack
02-27-2019, 08:39 PM
God's blessings on you for the love and care you gave that dog. And the love and care the dog gave back.
Ole Jack

Chainsaw.
02-27-2019, 08:44 PM
You never lose em, you just get separated from them for a while, you’ll find them again.

MaLar
02-27-2019, 09:06 PM
My wife and I was just discussing how our pets become family this morning. Sorry for your loss.

WheelgunConvert
02-27-2019, 09:23 PM
I can’t put to words how sorry I am to hear of your loss.

Maggie, my avatar pic, rescued me from a really dark place after I lost my arctic suddenly.

popper
02-27-2019, 09:42 PM
"It's just a pet", right! On my 4th, never easy.

JBinMN
02-27-2019, 10:41 PM
It makes me sad to hear of your loss. I , too, like many others here, have dealt with the loss of such a great friend...
:(

I try to think of it this way... That the "Unconditional love" of a "DOG", is a reflection of what we were intended to remember always, by "GOD", our creator, and what GOD gives us, by his having us know what "unconditional love" really is when we have DOG as a companion & friend...
As a reminder, remember that the word, "DOG" backwards, is "GOD".

IMO, A Dog teaches us what Unconditional Love is, as GOD intended us to know it...

God loves us unconditionally, as does our DOG, and we will meet both in Heaven.

So, your friend will be there before you are, & be waiting on your arrival, just as GOD is there, waiting for you as well, with "Unconditional Love"!
:)

ghh3rd
02-28-2019, 12:34 AM
Thank you everyone, your words have helped me today. And I am sorry for your losses as well.

StuBach
02-28-2019, 05:47 AM
Adding my condolences as well, they become integral parts of your family no mater the breed or temperament and it’s never easy to lose any pet but especially dogs.

Here’s to those furry and not so fury friends we add to our families, sometimes on a whim, that end up making a permanent space in your heart!

RIP my lost furry/not-so-furry friends: Coty, Maggie, Tyler, Cinnamon, Rags, Sasha, Cody, Smokey, Tom, Winken, Bud & Light (twins), Soup, and Ender.

Jlw6636
02-28-2019, 06:08 AM
Lost my best friend 2 years ago and not a single day goes by I still don’t think of him

Shopdog
02-28-2019, 06:36 AM
Sorry for your loss.

bensonwe
02-28-2019, 07:20 AM
Like many I so sorry for your loss. Dogs find a way into your life and heart. Dogs are great. Time heals but you always remember.

BNE
02-28-2019, 07:42 AM
Hang in there. I don’t know how to explain how much I love my dogs. This brought tears to my eyes just thinking about our Golden “Honey” who died three years ago.

Take care, it will get better.

StrawHat
02-28-2019, 08:06 AM
Losing a piece of oneself is hard. Been through it many times in my life. Currently have two dogs. They keep us young and herself safe when I am gone.

In time, consider finding another friend.

Kevin

Sig556r
02-28-2019, 08:08 AM
Really sorry for your loss...

cwlongshot
02-28-2019, 08:09 AM
Sorry, very sorry to read this.

No one gets outta here alive, but its no solstice. like most I have lost a few. My current pup is my first non sporting dog. She is a lap dog and she is my lil girl. First dog I had I felt I HAD to protect instead of other way around... I'm not a emotional man, I'll be useless when my day comes with her.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v465/CWLONGSHOT/People%20pics/3E8E5D27-C69B-4DFF-BDB6-4608E3AA875A_zps4m3liq58.jpeg

Please accept my sincerest condolences my friend.

CW

bullet maker 57
02-28-2019, 08:53 AM
So sorry for your loss.

Lloyd Smale
02-28-2019, 09:03 AM
If you would have seen me when my last one died you would have seen a grown man cry like a baby!! I still miss him and talk about him to the dog we have today. I feel for your pain! Some of us here know exactly where you are today.
We were blessed to have her for 15 years... Jackie our Jack Russell. She passed away yesterday at home. She was definitely my dog, always following me.

I had convinced myself that I would be at piece when the time came, but I am finding out today that I was wrong. It’s amazing how deep one’s feelings can be for a pet.

Hamish
02-28-2019, 09:11 AM
If love could keep them alive, they would live forever,,,,,,

trapper9260
02-28-2019, 09:37 AM
Sorry to hear of your lost ,they are family, Also your kids.I know how it is I been down that road.

RED BEAR
02-28-2019, 09:45 AM
I am truly sorry to hear this. I have a dog in bad health and dread the day he goes. These are not just pets to me they are truly part of my family. Actually think more of them than some family. As i say my condolences i know how hard this can be.

MrWolf
02-28-2019, 09:47 AM
I am sorry for your loss. The pain will subside over time. I know I will be crying like a baby when my puppy passes. He is 19 months old and we are together 24/7. The woman I am dating also has a puppy and really understands that they are our children. My grown kids understand that Ruger is like another child to me. Please get another when you are able. So many out there deserve to receive unconditional love too.

OS OK
02-28-2019, 10:19 AM
You have my deepest condolences...each time this happens I swear that I'll not go through this again...yet, I do...it's that unconditional loyalty and love.
I wish we humans could love like this...

https://i.imgur.com/xzE2xxG.jpg?1

gbrown
02-28-2019, 11:11 AM
Been there several times, I'm sorry you have to go through the emotional loss, as well as not having your buddy around. Pain fades with time and then there are all the memories to bring you smiles. Wait a while, then find another buddy to share your life with. Nothing lasts forever, sadly.

bedbugbilly
02-28-2019, 11:31 AM
My thoughts and prayers are with you all ghh3rd . . . the loss of a devoted friend is always hard and it's never easy to let them go. My wife and I never had kids so our dogs are our kids . . . take pride in the fact that you provided a loving, secure home and you provided it with all of it's needs and in turn, Jackie returned all of your love many times over. There is no shame in crying and mourning over the loss of a pet and I have done so many times with the dogs we have had. I have always found it amazing though, that after a length of time after the loss of a beloved pet, God has presented ,me with another one, at the least expected moment, that needs me as much as I need them so that they can be provided with a loving, caring home. There is a reason that God and dog contain the same letters . . . .

fatnhappy
02-28-2019, 12:02 PM
One of my worst days was seeing my son inconsolable when we had to put down our beloved boxer.

I feel for you brother.

Isaac
02-28-2019, 12:10 PM
Very Sorry for your loss. Jackie looks like a fine four legged friend. Amazing the love and devotion they have for us.

Isaac

brstevns
02-28-2019, 01:11 PM
You're in my prayers.

woodbutcher
02-28-2019, 04:01 PM
:-( BTDT way too many times.Weather Dog or Cat or something else.Sorry for your loss.
Leo

Alstep
03-01-2019, 01:13 AM
I know what you're going through, amazing how they become part of your family. I hope you'll see it in your heart to give another dog a good home. Our dogs were abandoned and came to us by accident, they all made great companions.

Hickok
03-01-2019, 02:26 PM
So sorry for you and your family.

My sincere condolences.

Big Tom
03-01-2019, 02:53 PM
I am so sorry to hear about your loss! I know how deeply it hurts, I had to put my "Dixie", a 15 years old black lab/australian shephard mix down two weeks ago and still tear up when thinking about it. She "picked me" when we picked her up as a puppy at the shelter and having her passing in my arms was the most painful thing.

Remember the great times you had with your best friend and she will always be alive in your memories!

lightman
03-01-2019, 04:23 PM
I'm sorry to hear about your buddy. We sure get attached to out pets and it hurts to loose one.

Pete44mag
03-01-2019, 10:13 PM
I am so sorry for your loss! I have experienced it several times in my life. They are not pets they are family. I have an expression " The more people I meet, the more I Love my dog!!!" You and your family will be in my prayers.

poppy42
03-01-2019, 11:06 PM
ghh3rd,
I am so sorry for your loss. I lost my 12-year-old German Shepherd, Duchess, this summer. It’s truly not fair our four-legged love ones become such an integral part of our familys and our lives and they just don’t live long enough. I still miss each and every four-legged family member I’m lost and I’m 62 so there’s been a few of them . Are you familiar with the rainbow bridge? If you’re not here is a link https://www.rainbowsbridge.com/Poem.htm. I can’t speak for everyone but I know it helps Me to read the poem after experiencing a loss like you have recently experienced.
Take care my friend I truly feel your pain !
Sincerely!
Ray
Poppy42

T_McD
03-01-2019, 11:21 PM
I think it is sweet irony that “new” dogs are the perfect medicine for mourning one that is lost. I agree with others that have mentioned filling the dog shaped hole in your life.

elysianfield
03-03-2019, 09:41 PM
When I die, I want to go where the good dogs go....

buckwheatpaul
03-03-2019, 11:12 PM
ghr3rd, I am so sorry for your loss.....we lost two last years and it made a hole in our hearts....they are truly family and they love you unconditionally. We replaced them; yet the two new will never replace the ones that have gone to rainbow bridge to wait for us and for you. You have my prayers brother....Paul

45workhorse
03-03-2019, 11:59 PM
December 28,2018 @1520! EOW K9 Dino! I was his second partner. Twelve and half years old, German Shepard. Cried like a baby at the vets.

Sorry for your loss.

MrHarmless
03-04-2019, 01:28 AM
Never seems like you can really prep for it. My sincerest condolences. Take some solace in knowing she probably thought she had the best life she could have possibly had with you. Don't doubt that for a second.