PDA

View Full Version : I was tempted today,

bikerbeans
02-25-2019, 05:10 PM
to buy a NIB Henry 410 LG. It was sitting in the rack at a LGS along with a few other CF Henry levers. Very nice looking SG but i can't warm up to the 22 style magazine, so it is still in the rack.

They also had a brand new Remlin 45-70 with an 18" octagon barrel. The Remlin lost the fit and finish competition againist the Henry by a wide margin.

BB

cwtebay
02-26-2019, 01:01 AM
to buy a NIB Henry 410 LG. It was sitting in the rack at a LGS along with a few other CF Henry levers. Very nice looking SG but i can't warm up to the 22 style magazine, so it is still in the rack.

They also had a brand new Remlin 45-70 with an 18" octagon barrel. The Remlin lost the fit and finish competition againist the Henry by a wide margin.

BBHave you had a chance to shoot the 410 model? Or anyone else? Kind of a pet project of mine to kill an elk in a weapons restricted area from my horse. Trying with a pistol has been challenging, I thought the Henry looked like a nice option.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

bikerbeans
02-26-2019, 09:50 AM
No, i have never shot a 410 henry levergun.

BB

OverMax
02-26-2019, 01:10 PM
I'd buy a Henry in a heart beat if so wanting 410 lever. Good little 2-1/2" hull shooter (tube fed or not.)
Marlins short range carbine. The {shoulder bruiser~hearing disabler} _i.e. 45-70 ~ na~
Suggestion: Much better purchase.__a long barreled rifle in that caliber. Than you got a dynamite shooter of a rifle. Distance_ pin point accuracy_ far less meat destruction. All can be expected.