PDA

View Full Version : simply rugged silver dollar holster

LUCKYDAWG13
02-25-2019, 04:29 PM
I'm looking at getting another holster for my Ruger Sp101 and I'm looking at the Silver Dollar holster if have one and could
post a picture of it in cross draw carry I would appreciate it And if you have one do you like it primary use will be for boating and fishing
Thanks L.D

white cloud
02-25-2019, 04:38 PM
I have a Simply Rugged Sourdough for my GP100. I mainly wear it while working on my farm. I believe it would work well for any outdoor activity. The craftsmanship and design are excellent. It makes carrying a large gun trouble free. I think you would be well served with the Silver Dollar. I am thinking of getting one for a 3" S&W Model 60. I am a big believer in retaining straps on outdoor holsters especially if you are riding a four wheeler or something like that.

Wheelguns 1961
02-25-2019, 04:50 PM
I have a silver dollar for my 3” lcrx. It is a nice holster but I am not crazy about it in crossdraw. It holds the gun close to your body, and this is great strongside, but it is too tight for crossdraw for me. It was molded perfectly for the gun, and within 1/2hr it was broken in. Nice quality. I just don’t like the crossdraw option. Your experience may differ. I thought the cattleman in crossdraw would be better for me.

LUCKYDAWG13
02-25-2019, 05:01 PM
Wheelguns 1961

How well does your Silver Dollar holster work for CC will a long sleeve shirt conceal your 3" Lcrx it's about the same size as my SP101

Wheelguns 1961
02-25-2019, 05:15 PM
It is my winter time, heavy clothes setup. It is too much for a t shirt, but I have a small autoloader with an iwb for that. A jacket or heavy shirt covers the lcrx right up.

charlie b
02-25-2019, 08:11 PM
I have to admit I copied that holster when making one for my SP101.

It was my go to holster for CC with the little Ruger. Never carried cross draw as my belly is a bit too big for an easy reach ;) Strong side worked and that same excess fat would help conceal it under a button up shirt (I don't tuck them in). Just make sure it's a little loose around the waist so it doesn't print. Really easy to conceal under a coat and not that hard to draw from.

I liked it so much I also made one for my Radom P-64 (PPK clone).

And, yes, their prices are REALLY good given the price of good leather these days.

Bookworm
02-25-2019, 09:50 PM
I have a Sourdough holster for a 3" SW 65-5 that I like alot. I liked it so much, I ordered a Silver Dollar holster for a 2" j-frame.

I must admit, I'm on the fence about the Silver Dollar. The main beef is that the leather on the Silver Dollar is much lighter weight than on the Sourdough.

Don't get me wrong, I like the Silver Dollar. It conceals crossdraw under an untucked, loose-fitting short sleeve button-down shirt in the summer. I've never tried it under a t-shirt, because I don't dress in that manner.
It retains the J-frame very well, without a hammer strap. It covers the revolver almost completely, which I like.

I'm just a bit unhappy about the relatively thin leather, when compared to the Sourdough. Would I buy it again ?
I'm not sure.

LUCKYDAWG13
02-25-2019, 10:13 PM
Thanks for letting me know about the thin leather that may be a deal breaker I have a holster made with thin leather that almost feels like I could Tear when I'm putting it on