PDA

View Full Version : Sporting clays / skeet gun cradle

beezapilot
02-24-2019, 07:14 AM
Since the club built a walk in the woods sporting clays range I've been spending a bit of time out there. Rather than have one hand always tied up and having to juggle my gun while I opened a box of ammo, or adjusted my earplugs, or.... I built a cradle to clip on my belt that I can park my O/U in, the receiver is a nice balance point so it is a very solid mount. Can't walk around with it as the gun swings too much, but it is nice to have a place to park the gun from time to time. (((Yes, I've heard a "Josh Randall" reference or two))). I've been giving them away at the club, nice to have a little project to use up scrap hardwood.

fivegunner
02-24-2019, 09:11 AM
Cool! I have a hunting vest/backpack that has flip down rest for my shotgun while out hunting pheasants and Grouse . As I get older I enjoy good shotguns and shooting Skeet /Trap . Thanks for posting.

MrWolf
02-24-2019, 12:29 PM
Interesting idea and good use of scrap. Nice.

EMC45
02-24-2019, 03:30 PM
Beautiful

country gent
02-25-2019, 01:07 PM
Very nice work there. HAd a gentleman here who made them from leather with a flat spring inside to add some "grip". Were similar to the front break pistol holsters.
One plus to being in a wheel chair is I always have a place to lean or set something to use both hands. My Track chair I made a nice shelf for it that mounts in the existing stake pockests.