PDA

View Full Version : gunstock inc

Lethemgo
02-23-2019, 04:27 PM
Looking get a stock and forend for my 1911 win 92 saddle ring carbine. Have a listing here to see if anybody has one setting on their bench. no luck but this place has good looking prices but reviews are not great but from a few years ago. Has anyone used them and had good luck or bad. Have a friend I could buy some walnut from but it would be nice to just finish a fitting other then shape the whole stock and forend. The hole for forend might be tricky but sure I'd get it done. I could get both pieces from these guys for around a $100. Not a bad deal but not if they are not right. Or I could just fix up mine...the collector value is pretty much gone since it's been rebored from 25-20 to 32-20.

pietro
02-23-2019, 09:49 PM

FWIW, the stocks & sights are interchangeable between Winchester Model 92's & 94's.

If you scrounge around, you might find a set of take-off stocks - I've gotten several via querying real gunsmiths as to whether or not they had any.

Lethemgo
02-23-2019, 10:13 PM
The biggest thing is that it's a small caliber carbine with a barrel band instead of a end cap. I'm still looking but started cleaning this up. It's not like it's not suitable. Even the problems aren't terrible and it's cleaning up ok. The end stock is giving me fits trying to get it cleaned up but it will get there and one day I'll find some stocks and donate these to someone else in need. Might even just like them the way they are and never mind.

cub45
02-24-2019, 10:13 AM
try homestead gun parts they have what you are looking for.