PDA

View Full Version : watching threads

fast ronnie
02-21-2019, 10:21 PM
On another forum (racing related) there is a button that you can watch a thread, and it will notify you with any new posts. There have been numerous posts that I would l have liked to watch. Is there any way to do this?

I am referring to posts that I have not started, as well as those I did start.

I have done the search for threads that I have started and been able to do that.

Thanks,
Ron

JBinMN
02-21-2019, 10:30 PM
Look for "Thread tools" tab just up on the Right , above where your first post is.

{ Just above the words, "that you" or so, in your first sentence of the OP...
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . > about right here ^^ straight up above these two arrows... Or, directly down from your avatar pic at the top of the page...}

Left Click on that down arrow, and a menu will drop down with 3 choices.

At the bottom of the menu is "Subscribe to thread".

Left Click on that & follow the instructions, choose the means to contact you & how often.

That is about the simplest way I can think of, to do as you ask.
----------------------

You can do this "subscription" process, even if you have not posted in the topic yourself.

There is also an option to automatically to subscribe & then notify you if you Do post in a topic, so you can see if you have replies to your pot(s) or other new ones.

If you have trouble with the method I just described. I can walk you thru it if you & I are still online.

I have my settings for subscriptions to let me know by email with each reply, when I have replied to a topic, so I will receive a notification if you , or anyone else replies to this topic , unless I unsubscribe to it.

G'Luck!
Hope I helped out a bit!
:)

Wag
02-21-2019, 10:31 PM
On this forum, the software calls it, "Subscribing." If you go to your User Control Panel, you can find the setting to change the default for you. I prefer to have it tell me on my User Control Panel but you can set it to e-mail when a thread you're following has a reply.

When I log on to the forum, I log in directly to my Control Panel and it shows me all the threads to which I've subscribed before I see anything else. That way, I don't miss anything.

Once you have it set up, any time you post to a thread, you're automatically subscribed to it.

If you want to, you can click the Thread Tools link at the top of any thread and subscribe there without posting to a thread.

I hope that wasn't too complex! :)

Click on your name in the top right corner and you'll get a drop down that will take you to the User CP.

--Wag--

Camper64
02-21-2019, 10:34 PM
If you want to follow a thread, do the following: Select "Tread Tools" then "Subscribe to this Thread"

There are a couple of ways to then monitor the thread. By selecting your user name and picking the option of UserCP that will show you any subscribed threads that have new activity. you can also go to your subscriptions and pick a thread by checking the box and then click on "Selected Threads" at the bottom of the page and pick a notification option.

fast ronnie
02-21-2019, 11:40 PM
Thanks to you guys for helping!!!!

Ron