PDA

View Full Version : I could use prayer

Boaz
02-21-2019, 09:01 PM
For the next three days I have several life changing situations happening that directly affect me and my family . I have been praying and talking to GOD a lot for a while now . I would thank you for prayer in me dealing with these situations . I realize our Lord will lead me in the way I am to go in my life . Thank you .

RED BEAR
02-21-2019, 09:17 PM
Happy to pray for you and yours hope everything turns out well.

JBinMN
02-21-2019, 09:40 PM
I will pray for you.

Said one to start with, just now...

RichardF
02-21-2019, 09:53 PM
Done.

retread
02-21-2019, 10:04 PM
I will pray for you Boaz. Keep strong and have faith that the Lord will be with you in your trials. God Bless you and your family.

dverna
02-21-2019, 10:04 PM
Praying God will give you strength and wisdom to deal with your situation.

May His love comfort you.

Pete44mag
02-21-2019, 10:26 PM
Prayers are sent! God Bless you in your time of need!

Hogtamer
02-21-2019, 10:35 PM
I will be praying for discernment and wisdom.

country gent
02-21-2019, 10:37 PM
Praying for you and your family.

Preacher Jim
02-21-2019, 10:39 PM
I have asked my church to double down on prayer for you Charlie. You are special to all of them
Praying hard for you and the family.

slim1836
02-21-2019, 10:43 PM
Prayers sent from my house to yours, hoping for a successful outcome.

Slim

Goatwhiskers
02-22-2019, 12:07 AM
Praying for strength and wisdom for you and yours, Charlie. Too late at nite now will give you a call tomorrow. GW

jmort
02-22-2019, 12:54 AM
Praying for you and your family.

jcren
02-22-2019, 08:59 AM
Prayers sent

USMC87
02-22-2019, 09:07 AM
We are praying for Gods direction in your life.

Pine Baron
02-22-2019, 09:28 AM
Heavenly Father, please give Charlie relief from his anxiety as You guide him and his family down the path of Your will, in Jesus' name, Amen.

Sig556r
02-22-2019, 09:34 AM
prayers coming your way...

Dieselhorses
02-22-2019, 10:31 AM
Prayers sent!

Wayne Smith
02-22-2019, 11:07 AM
You know Charlie's situation and the things that are troubling him, Lord. I pray that you would bring peace to him and his family as they wait on your instruction and leadership.

Boaz
02-22-2019, 04:19 PM
I honestly thank you for your thoughts and prayers . I'm depending on him and know that ...this too shall pass . We have all had hard times in many different ways . The human condition causes life to be a roller coaster ride during a lifetime . GOD will open doors . Thank you

Tom W.
02-22-2019, 04:24 PM
Prayers sent

Master Sergeant
02-22-2019, 08:53 PM
Prayers sent.

WRideout
02-22-2019, 09:19 PM
I am glad to return the favor; I know you have done the same for me.

Wayne

big bore 99
02-22-2019, 09:55 PM
Prayers sent.

big bore 99
02-22-2019, 09:56 PM
Prayers sent.

Boaz
02-23-2019, 01:10 PM
Today and tomorrow will be physically and mentally challenging for me . As expected today started out with new problems . My shop is up for sale at auction tomorrow (Sunday) at two in the afternoon . I have spent half my life here everyday , both my children had their own rooms here . This place was a big part of their lives .

Been thrashing at cleaning , organizing and getting ready for a while . I'm alone at the shop right now and sat down to give my back a break and had a long talk with GOD . I am good ! I'm ready to see what he lays before me . LOL , being obsessive compulsive I'm ready to look back at this part of my life and move on .

I thank each of you for keeping me in your thoughts and prayers . I hope this is only a good memory as I begin my NEW life . GOD is with me , he holds me up in anticipation of new ways to serve him .

Thank you
Charlie

koehn,jim
02-23-2019, 01:13 PM
Prayer sent.

Preacher Jim
02-23-2019, 01:24 PM
Charlie we have set 1:30 - 4 as A season of prayer for you and your children.
Lord we ask you to guide Charlie and to bring your full will to fruitation in this closing of a season and beginning of another in our brothers life. Provide the needs are cared for and bless him with your peace in this auction and his future with you.
In Jesus name we pray
Amen

Texas by God
02-23-2019, 01:27 PM
God won't give you more than you can handle. Prayers sent, Brother Boaz.

square butte
02-23-2019, 04:11 PM
Paying for you and family - Let the Good Lord have His Way

Pine Baron
02-23-2019, 06:30 PM
Lord we ask you to guide Charlie and to bring your full will to fruitation in this closing of a season and beginning of another in our brothers life. Provide the needs are cared for and bless him with your peace in this auction and his future with you.
In Jesus name we pray
Amen

Amen.

Boaz
02-23-2019, 07:02 PM
In Jesus name we pray
Amen

Jim tell them I am good and anxious to see how and what he lays in my path . I hope to see them again and will soon send a letter of thanks for seeking intercession in my life . By prayer we bless one another through GOD . Thank them for their encouragement in a trying time . Just knowing others care is uplifting . Thank you brother .

Goatwhiskers
02-23-2019, 08:34 PM
It's the changes that are scary, but by faith we continue forward to the goal.Major changes have occurred in my life in the past year starting with losing my wife of 44 1/2yrs exactly, but I didn't understand for a long while how blessed my life has been and still is. More prayers up for you and yours, Charlie.GW

WRideout
02-24-2019, 09:19 AM
I know it is painful. God will be with you through all this.

Wayne

Boaz
02-25-2019, 12:41 PM
The auction is over . The hammer fell about 2;30 yesterday . I have been asking our Lord to guide me and grant me wisdom for a while now . I opened the shop and got the lights on , all door open so the bidders could inspect the contents , inventory and property . They started coming in early , I was there to answer any questions they had .

The auctioneer got there early and explaining the bidding procedure I told him to use . I told him I would stay in the office during the bidding . There is glass all around the shop side so I could see everything . He held the bidding in the shop bays , there were about thirty bidders ..mostly from out of town .

Boaz
02-25-2019, 12:47 PM
When I got there eary I had pulled my truck in the bays . There was still some trash I wanted loaded , I tried to pick up and arrange everything better . It didn't satisfy me , I didn't get hardly anything done and had to lean on the bed of my truck . My shoulders and back were already use up . I told GOD I couldn't do it and to help me . I just went to the office and sat down . I put it in his hands finally .

Pine Baron
02-25-2019, 12:49 PM
"When one door closes, another opens; but we often look so long and so regretfully upon the closed door that we do not see the one which has opened for us."
Alexander Graham Bell
Looking forward brother, always forward.

Boaz
02-25-2019, 02:42 PM
"When one door closes, another opens; but we often look so long and so regretfully upon the closed door that we do not see the one which has opened for us."
Alexander Graham Bell
Looking forward brother, always forward.

Your right Pine Baron . You pretty well nailed it ! I'm looking forward to it . We all know that when GOD shows up ..things start happening .

Boaz
02-25-2019, 02:59 PM
I sat and talked to people signing up in the office , handing out coffee and buying cokes out of the pop machine . The auctioneer was out 'pressing the flesh and pumping up the property and contents with the bidders . An older man and his daughter came in and signed up to bid and I talked to them a good while . I asked him what he would do with the property if they won it just in conversation . He just said I got a shop too . We got to talk a good while and were swapping stories and 'shop' talk . He had done it his whole life . We hit it off pretty good .

The auction started , the property bid first . It fell short of what I had set a reserve price with the auctioneer but I did have the option to take it . He came in the office and wanted to know what to do ? I told him to sell the contents Machines , inventory , supply's , tooling , etc . He went back out and tried to start the bid at $5000.00 ...way too cheap . no one would even bid .

Boaz
02-25-2019, 05:28 PM
He worked the crowd for ten min or so and came back to me . He said ..I can't even get a bid at $5000.00 ! I tried everything I know ! I can't believe it ! What do you want me to do ?

I was perfectly clam and said ...Tell them I refuse the high bid on the property , it didn't come to the reserve price . Offer the property and contents together ..package deal . Only way I'll sell . He stood to make nothing if it didn't sell and said ...Are you sure ? I said ..roll the dice ..all or nothing , take it all one bid . He looked defeated and went back to the crowd in the bays .

Boaz
02-25-2019, 09:57 PM
He got on the mic and said ...Charlie won't take the high bid on the property , it don't meet the reserve we agreed on . He's giving you one more chance if you want it . ALL property ! all contents ! Lock stock and barrel ! You get it all for one money ! I'll start at the high bid on the property and go from there ! There is STIll a reserve on the package deal and I will not beg you to bid !

He started a spiel and hands went up . I figured 6-7 men were bidding , couldn't see who was bidding on the far side of the crowd that won it . There were a lot from out of town and some foreigners I never figured out where they were from ..they didn't want to talk to you . High bid was going up fast Figured I would be nervous but it never happened . Auctioneer ran it up fast and the bidding slammed to a stop . He made a last call several times and said ..I'll take it to Charlie ! He was smiling when he came in the office and said ..It's SO close to your reserve I know you'll take it . I grabbed a calculator and pen , it was 1/16 percentage money wise from what I had given him as a fair market value . I just said ..I'll take it .

Jlw6636
02-25-2019, 10:24 PM
May You be Blessed and fulfilled in the path you take from this day on.

Boaz
02-25-2019, 10:34 PM
Thank you Jlw6636 !

Auctioneer's pictures of the shop . They showed up to do pictures while we were cleaning up 34 years of mess , LOL . Yep ! I'm a tire guy . You might notice two bibles in the waiting room . Not one person in over 30 years complained about them . But many have thanked me they were there . Catholic bible and a King James .

.................................................. . http://zuberauction.com/auctions/1/

WRideout
02-26-2019, 07:54 AM
Charlie, allow yourself to grieve for a while, then you can move on.

Wayne

Boaz
02-26-2019, 08:24 AM
People were leaving . The auctioneer brought the high bidder in the office for us all to sign paperwork . It was the old guy with his daughter I had talked to a while before the sale . He had just introduced himself earlier with his first name , he gave his whole name I knew who he was . Owns a chain of retail stores , tire wholesale tire business , commercial tire shops and mechanical repair .

We talked a good while , we agreed on everything . I told him I would help with anything I could during or after the transaction was done . At the end he asked if I would want to work full or part time ? He said he had a son that would take the shop over but he didn't have enough experience . I told him I would consider it .

Part of my worrying before had been what the heck I was going to do to stay busy ! I get up at four every morning and drink a pot of coffee , I leave at seven and get to work early . I would go nuts siting around all day watching TV . GOD is already opening doors for me ! I am ready to put this part of my life behind me . GOD has provided for me all my life , at a time I thought 'I' was providing for myself but in retrospective thinking he was there all the time taking care of me .

I failed in not giving him all credit due . This has been a hard lesson but one I'll not forget . Your prayers for me were not in vain , you gave me encouragement . GOD heard those prayers and delivered me from myself . Thank you .

square butte
02-26-2019, 09:04 AM
Lot's to praise in your story Charlie - God is so Good. I like the horny toads on the front wall. I used to find them alot when i was a kid. Then at some point they kind of almost disapeared. Do you still have them there?

jmort
02-26-2019, 10:35 AM
As usual you have a great way of teasing out a story.
Now you have liquidated and have some capital.
My experience with auctions, fire-sales, going out of business sales has shown me that most any deal that is in the ball park is a good deal. Now it is done, over, and out.
Training-up the man's son on a part time basis would allow you free time and some income. You would also be doing them a great service.
God will guide your steps.

Boaz
02-26-2019, 11:08 AM
Lot's to praise in your story Charlie - God is so Good. I like the horny toads on the front wall. I used to find them alot when i was a kid. Then at some point they kind of almost disapeared. Do you still have them there?

Failure and weakness is the real point of the telling . I knew GOD would provide but still I tried to control the situation . When I couldn't I worried ...Failure . I didn't admit my weakness which is my strength in him and heck he was helping me all along .

Your right , there use to be horny toads everywhere . Now you can't hardly find one . Yep ! They are still there , had the front painted with storm clouds and lightning before .

Boaz
02-26-2019, 12:08 PM
As usual you have a great way of teasing out a story.
Now you have liquidated and have some capital.
My experience with auctions, fire-sales, going out of business sales has shown me that most any deal that is in the ball park is a good deal. Now it is done, over, and out.
Training-up the man's son on a part time basis would allow you free time and some income. You would also be doing them a great service.
God will guide your steps.

Your right . Everyone's life is a story to me , we could all write a book . It's also part of our testimonial to him . The failings , the trying , the growing maturity in our faith ...or not . We are not only to see our failings but correct them . I see stories all around me , some good , some bad and some just lost not seeking where to go .

The job topic was just feeling me out . LOL , we shall see , the chain stores have policy's I have problems with . But it's an option maybe !

Wayne Smith
02-27-2019, 10:08 AM
Ah, but Charlie, you have an in with the owner and he respects you. Have a good discussion with him about your differences - you may learn something and he may learn something. If you are going to train his son you at least have to have a good understanding of the 'why' of the policies.

tinhorn97062
02-27-2019, 03:58 PM
Ah, but Charlie, you have an in with the owner and he respects you. Have a good discussion with him about your differences - you may learn something and he may learn something. If you are going to train his son you at least have to have a good understanding of the 'why' of the policies.

Agreed 100%.

Hickok
03-01-2019, 02:19 PM
Been away for a couple of days, so I am late on this.

Happy for you Charlie, you will get adjusted in due time.

Enjoy the peace and tranquility God has now given you,...after all the long years of work on drill rigs, managing a business, and the stress that goes with it all, you have earned a rest.

The Lord knows what is best for us.

God's blessings and best for you!