PDA

View Full Version : Trip to the Gunsmith

Johnch
02-19-2019, 03:52 PM
Sorry for the delay
I have been staying at the Pain Clinic .... call me Lab Rat
To try and get control of every day Migraines that non of the pain meds were touching

Well for my 1911
Not sure how often it happens
But my firing pin broke and jammed forward .... AKA the mag fired sort of from the open bolt style

He fixed that and I had all new trigger parts installed to make a nice new feel
Or as he laughed and said
I spent the $$ to make ME feel better that the pistol was fixed 100% for sure [smilie=1:

John

Winger Ed.
02-19-2019, 03:57 PM
Great. Too bad all our problems aren't so simple and easy to fix.

woodbutcher
02-19-2019, 08:17 PM
:lol: And how long did it take you to shovel out your shorts?Had a similar thing happen to me,but with a .22lr pistol.Glad that neither you or anyone else was hurt.
Good luck.Have fun.Be safe.
Leo

georgerkahn
02-19-2019, 08:34 PM
Best wishes re your Migraines getting abated! Two friends share similar, and -- seeing them -- I can but imagine your distress.
I am ever so happy you had success with your 'smith! I recently took a Beretta to a 'smith -- it's fault being it would only fire maybe 75% of the time. He charged me $75.00 for repairs -- purported to be mostly cleaning innards -- and upon my range testing it now only fires maybe 20% of the time. (It is now in another shop :( ). Nice to hear your repairs were successful!
geo

xs11jack
02-19-2019, 08:53 PM
Good to hear from you Johnch, we are praying for you, so God's blessings on you.
Ole Jack

Lloyd Smale
02-21-2019, 07:17 AM
Migraines are brutal. I feel for you. I had them for about 10 years and nothing would touch them for pain relief. Funny thing with mine is one day they just stopped. Doctor doesn't know why or even what caused them. Hopefully you get as lucky as me. Ive had multiple back surgerys, a hip replacement and an ankle replacement and I think id just as soon deal with 2 day after surgery pain without meds then have another migraine!