PDA

View Full Version : Cheater Rolls

PPlinker
04-01-2005, 02:37 PM
I used to only make rolls on Sunday. Would make a whole pan, then have a bunch left over and they're never too good the next day. So what i do is buy those frozen bread dough loaves. They're like 1.79 for 3 and only take one out and thaw it. Take a half cup of wheat germ and mix it throughly into the dough. This adds nutrition and makes it look like you spent a lot of time making whole wheat rolls. Then put in plastic bag and refrigerate. Every day i pinch off enough for two rolls and that's just enough for my husband and me and they're always hot and fresh.

Penny

C1PNR
04-02-2005, 03:51 PM
You don't use the left over rolls to make mini-sandwiches? Especially great for weekend "tide me over till dinner" use. :)

PPlinker
04-02-2005, 07:12 PM
Well....hubby eats them with peanut butter if he remembers they're there. Guess i should make some extras next time.

Penny

C1PNR
04-03-2005, 03:48 AM
I like cheese, so I really like them with a little chunk of sliced ham or roast beef and a nice piece of cheese! :)

Put a little mayonnaise on one side and some cranberry sauce and cheddar cheese on it and I'm ready for 2 or 3 of them!

Time for a snack!! :D

PPlinker
04-06-2005, 07:00 AM
Mayonnaise, cranberry sauce, and cheese? ummmm... no thanks.

Penny