PDA

View Full Version : Patroit moble?

merlin101
02-18-2019, 02:44 PM
I've been hearing commercials for them and it sounds just a bit to good to be true, anyone here use them? I went the web site and looked around but I'd like to hear from someone that actually knows.

William Yanda
02-18-2019, 04:53 PM
I like the idea. Checked coverage locally, mostly roaming, some black, no pink or red.

MaryB
02-19-2019, 07:19 PM
Spotty coverage here, I checked...

merlin101
02-20-2019, 03:21 PM
Spotty coverage here, I checked...

Thanks Mary, I'm not surprised, if you had coverage out there I'd be shocked.

MaryB
02-20-2019, 08:22 PM
Verizon 4g here is great... I can see the tower form my backyard LOL

Bookworm
02-23-2019, 06:32 AM
I looked at it. It uses Sprint network, so a CDMA phone is required, instead of a GSM phone that the rest of the world uses.

I was on Sprint for 18 years, got tired of the coverage problems, so I switched to a different network. It's really going to depend on where you are. Find someone that lives near you, and has Sprint. Ask how the coverage works for them.

SvenLindquist
02-23-2019, 06:37 AM
In WY it's Verizon or silence.

bedbugbilly
02-23-2019, 11:03 AM
Have no dog in this show . . . . We were on Sprint for many years and we finally got tired of the spotty coverage and especially the dropped calls. We ended up going with Consumer Cellular and couldn't be happier - we don't do much texting and I still have a "dumb" flip phone and the wife has a smart phone - rarely uses data though. Much more reasonable that others we looked in to. We have had no issues with CC traveling back and forth from MI to AZ - once in a while in a mountain you might have to wait a few minutes but I'm sold on them. Plus - no contract.

Froogal
02-23-2019, 05:13 PM
I saw the ad for Patriot mobile in Freedom magazine. I checked them out. The ad said that coverage was as good as ATT and Verizon. I am using Verizon now, and it works good, but Patriot indicated that coverage might not be very good for my location. I'll just stay with Verizon.

MaryB
02-23-2019, 06:50 PM
They need to use Verizon towers... I have great 4g coverage with them.

Froogal
02-24-2019, 03:53 PM
They need to use Verizon towers... I have great 4g coverage with them.

We went with Verizon a few years ago. The sales guy didn't think they had coverage in this area, but we went with them anyhow. Coverage is great.

BrassMagnet
09-14-2020, 06:51 PM
Any updates on this? I am considering switching. I have Verizon now. Lotsa dropped calls.
Western Colorado now and maybe Missouri later.