PDA

View Full Version : I need a bullet mold for an original paradox bullet

Ernest
02-17-2019, 11:30 AM
I had one a long time ago. My memory says there was a mold maker that had it as a standard offering but I can not remember where I got it from.

paradox bullet copy236193

thanks ahead of time for any recommendations;

Ernest
02-17-2019, 11:31 AM
oops just hold your computer up side down and it is easier to read ;-)

longbow
02-17-2019, 11:38 AM
Try CBE in Australia:

http://www.castbulletengineering.com.au/bullet-moulds/shotgun/12-ga-shotgun

What are you planning on shooting it out of?

I have always wanted a Paradox gun but will never be able to afford one... at least an H&H Paradox gun. Used they cost more than a new full size 4WD pickup!

If I had a rifled shotgun I would have one of these moulds though. I am surprised no-one has posted about shooting with these boolits because I've read where people bought moulds but no field results I've seen... on Cast Boolits anyway. I haven't search hard at doubleguns or nitroexpress but also haven't found anything that's popped up easily.

That is a clearer drawing than the one I have. Do you have the hollow point version as well? If so, please post it.

Longbow

bikerbeans
02-17-2019, 06:22 PM
Accurate Molds lists an 8 bore paradox slug in their catalog. If you use accurate's design a new mold feature i would think Tom could cut your design.

BB

longbow
02-17-2019, 09:23 PM
That depends on how authentic he wants it. Tom does an excellent job but... his tooling will not allow the large radius groove. Tom has to cut shallower than that and he has to leave a small flat on the nose.

He'll make an excellent mould but it won\'t be quite authentic in design if that matters.

I sent him the drawing for the Tusker which he now has listed but it has a shallower groove. No problem there and if I get a rifled barrel I will buy one. I would like the Paradox bullet as well. I always liked those.

Longbow

Ernest
02-17-2019, 10:37 PM
Try CBE in Australia:

http://www.castbulletengineering.com.au/bullet-moulds/shotgun/12-ga-shotgun

What are you planning on shooting it out of?

I have always wanted a Paradox gun but will never be able to afford one... at least an H&H Paradox gun. Used they cost more than a new full size 4WD pickup!

If I had a rifled shotgun I would have one of these moulds though. I am surprised no-one has posted about shooting with these boolits because I've read where people bought moulds but no field results I've seen... on Cast Boolits anyway. I haven't search hard at doubleguns or nitroexpress but also haven't found anything that's popped up easily.

That is a clearer drawing than the one I have. Do you have the hollow point version as well? If so, please post it.

Longbow

the one I have is a Coggswell and Harrison cosmos. Much more affordable that an H&H. Still it is a ball and shotgun. I am fascinated by the technology and the amazing time in history when a person could walk out the door to his farm to hunt birds and bump into a Lion in Africa or a Tiger in India. Truly heady stuff.

Ernest
02-17-2019, 10:43 PM

Ernest
02-17-2019, 10:51 PM
that is better

Ernest
02-17-2019, 10:55 PM
thanks I have sent inquiries out to the recommended mold producers.

Reverend Al
02-18-2019, 12:22 AM
You could try Red River Rick in Winnipeg, Manitoba too ... he offers a .58 calibre Paradox and since he CNC's his moulds he might be able to supply one in your 12 gauge dimensions?

http://kal.castpics.net/Molds.html

6pt-sika
02-18-2019, 12:31 AM
Seems to me NEI showed something very similar in their catalog . Now whether NEI is still in business is another matter .

pashiner
02-18-2019, 01:49 PM
looks like the old .45-70 collar button boolit. i'll bet it shoots well.

longbow
02-18-2019, 05:24 PM
A little heavier than the .45-70 collar button at 750 grs. though!

I'd think a smallish hollow cavity to remove 100 grs. or so wouldn't be a bad thing. All in all though I have always liked that boolit and wondered why I am not seeing anyone with rifled gun shooting them if for nothing else, the history.

NoZombies
02-18-2019, 06:34 PM
I've got an original (though different design) mold for a 16 gauge paradox gun. Sadly I have nothing to shoot them in.

longbow
02-18-2019, 09:26 PM
Pics?

Ernest
02-18-2019, 10:03 PM
I will try to get a pic up in a day or two. right now CBE look like a good choice.

Krag1902
02-18-2019, 10:09 PM
What size do you need? I have one for a ten gauge bore rifle, .725" as I recall.

longbow
02-18-2019, 11:09 PM
Ernest I was referring to NoZombies comment that he has a 16 ga. Paradox slug mould. However, having said that... yes, pics of your gun please! Pics are always good!

NoZombies
02-19-2019, 12:47 AM
I'll try to get some photos... I believe I have a few bullets that I cast after getting the mold.