PDA

View Full Version : Accurate molds is an awesome company

44Blam
02-16-2019, 02:10 AM
I sent an email to Tom at Accurate molds asking him if I could get a mold with the 35-125Y catalog but with a gas check. This was on February 7th. He added it as 35-125YG and I ordered it on the 9th and I got the mold today - and it's a 4 cavity BRASS mold...

I have several other Accurate molds and they drop perfect boolits from start to finish.

Anyway, that is exceptional customer service with an exceptional product.

ioon44
02-16-2019, 09:22 AM
I have 2 Accurate molds and drop nice bullets, the next mold I buy will be from Accurate. I ask Tom some questions last week by e mail and he was very quick with the reply and info I needed.

bosterr
02-16-2019, 09:27 AM
I have 8 Accurate molds. Recently I did a pound cast of my 14 inch Contender .374 JDJ and texted a pencil drawing to Tom. My design had critical diameter dimensions and Tom came through as usual. The boolits shoots fantastic at 100 yards. I don't know of any other mold maker that will do that for a customer.

lightman
02-16-2019, 01:05 PM
I recently received my first Accurate mold. It cast great and is a thing of beauty. Its my first aluminum mold in 40 something years and I had a few reservations at first. I was tempted by brass and came very close to paying the extra for a steel mold. I would like to see his shop. No particular reason other than curiosity. I'm amazed that he can make custom diameters at such an affordable price.

popper
02-16-2019, 01:06 PM
All mine are Accurate. Sold a couple recently so ready to design another. He is more 'custom' than NOE.

megasupermagnum
02-16-2019, 10:15 PM
He really is great. Accurate molds will make exactly what you want, and quickly. I've not had to wait more than 3 weeks yet.

I've never bought a Mountain mold, although he makes good molds as well. I only wish Mountain's online program listed the dimensions on the drawing, instead of just assuming some of the numbers, going by eye. Nothing against MP, but I just can't understand why you would ever go for a group buy now, and that seems to be the only way MP works.I also like NOE a lot. They have a number of great designs, and keep them in stock; no waiting.The big thing with NOE is for the same price as a flat point Accurate mold, you get different pins for flat, cup, or hollow points. I really want to give Arsenal molds a chance, but the guy will not answer emails or phone. For the price, Arsenal seems almost unbeatable other than Lee, and he has a couple decent designs.

Most of my molds are Lee, but my Accurate mold collection is growing. I just sent Tom a new design 1 pm Thursday. Yesterday evening I looked, and he already had it on his website. Nobody can beat that. I have another 5 cavity aluminum mold headed my way.

44Blam
02-17-2019, 12:42 AM
Had a good casting session with the new mold today. It took a little while, but it started dropping perfect boolits...
It's hard to stop casting when you have a mold just throwing good boolits cast after cast...
Anyway, I ended up casting about 11 1/2 lbs of boolits which should be about 650 or so boolits. :) That'll keep me busy for a couple months.
I powder coated a few for research...

CamoWhamo
02-17-2019, 03:34 AM
I'm in Australia and my experiences mirror the op.

Tom is quick to reply and add requested changes to the catalog a his molds are top grade.

I have 11 of them so far with plans to add more. My preference is for his 2 or 3 cavity iron molds. They work the best for me.

scotner
02-17-2019, 04:34 AM
I have the 35-125Y in a 4 cavity aluminum for my 357 Sigs. I warm it on a hotplate while the pot is coming up to temp and it starts dropping good bullets on the first cast. Love Accurate molds.

oldblinddog
02-18-2019, 02:22 AM
I have had a mold from him in hand and casting five days from ordering! There is none better than Tom.

Alstep
02-18-2019, 01:02 PM
My Accurate mold is the Rolls Royce of all my molds! Just a pleasure to cast with.

fredj338
02-18-2019, 04:26 PM
Tom is the best. Want something diff, as long as he can do it, it gets done & quickly with highest quality. I have several of his molds, A couple that he customized for me as well.