PDA

View Full Version : Crescent SxS Firing Pin

army_doc
02-15-2019, 06:05 AM
I am trying to find a replacement firing pin for an outside hammer crescent D/B. I found one through gunpartscorp but it didn't fit so now I am looking again.
I found a one-piece firing pin that is supposedly made as a direct replacement but before I order it, has anyone had any experience with this?
Here is a picture of the two piece and one piece firing pins

Thin Man
02-15-2019, 08:26 AM
If you still have one good firing pin in the shotgun, carefully remove it (both pieces) and take it to your local machine shop. Also take the pictures of both the one and two-piece pins you just posted. Any competent shop should be able to make these with your examples. While you are at it, ask them to make at least 3 of these. Replace both pins, then store your spares for any future need. Just a thought.

army_doc
02-15-2019, 08:44 AM
If you still have one good firing pin in the shotgun, carefully remove it (both pieces) and take it to your local machine shop. Also take the pictures of both the one and two-piece pins you just posted. Any competent shop should be able to make these with your examples. While you are at it, ask them to make at least 3 of these. Replace both pins, then store your spares for any future need. Just a thought.

That is a great idea. I will take it there today

Petrol & Powder
02-15-2019, 09:57 AM
I'll second that advice. Easy part to machine.