PDA

View Full Version : Upgrade time...model 94

Cloverdale
02-13-2019, 09:14 PM
About to upgrade another one of the 94's...got to help out these old eyes. This kit has the front Fire sight included...might give it a try, not sure about that, yet. This set is going on an AE model that has been shot very little since it was new...maybe 50rds through it since new. I was messing around the other night and saw this set on Amazon for $57 delivered...dropped the hammer and it arrived today. Now, I am eager to get that sight on and put some down the tube.

d4xycrq
02-13-2019, 09:21 PM
Love my Williams sight - not on a '94, but very good bit of kit.

pietro
02-13-2019, 09:28 PM

FWIW, I've been using fiber-optic/Firesights since they were first introduced many years ago (before then, AFAIK only Ithaca used an FO front sight - on their smoothbore Deerslayer models)

The FO sights are available in the same different bead sizes (1/16"/fine & 3/32"/coarse) and heights as the Gold bead & Ivory bead sights from the likes of Williams, Marbles, Lyman, etc.

To obtain a sight with either a different bead size or color (green, red, amber, yellow & more), one must shop the different makers (Williams, Tru-Glo, Hi-Viz, and more - google "fiber optic rifle sights for sale") until what's needed is found. (the different colors are for the folks who may have a different color perception of each color)

Cloverdale
02-13-2019, 09:44 PM
Love my Williams sight - not on a '94, but very good bit of kit.

I like them to...makes a real difference for me and I am proud that I have finally gotten around to getting them on this rifle, no excuse for it not being shot, now.

Cloverdale
02-13-2019, 09:46 PM

FWIW, I've been using fiber-optic/Firesights since they were first introduced many years ago (before then, AFAIK only Ithaca used an FO front sight - on their smoothbore Deerslayer models)

The FO sights are available in the same different bead sizes (1/16"/fine & 3/32"/coarse) and heights as the Gold bead & Ivory bead sights from the likes of Williams, Marbles, Lyman, etc.

To obtain a sight with either a different bead size or color (green, red, amber, yellow & more), one must shop the different makers until what's needed is found. (the different colors are for the folks who may have a different color perception of each color)

Thanks for the info...I have one handgun with FO sights on it...haven't shot it much but I can see where they might be helpful on this rifle and I will probably give them a try.

handyman163
02-15-2019, 03:59 PM
I think you'll like the Williams peep a LOT. My kit also came with the fiber optic front sight. I liked it, and found it very fast shooting steel using a dead-on hold, but it's a pretty large bead and in bright light bleeds out and appears larger to my eyes (this was without the sight hood in place). I put the original bead back on the front, left the sight hood off, and haven't looked back. For me, the front sight hood seemed to interfere with the peep sight picture, so that's why I've removed it and left it off. I like everything about the sight except how squared and "blocky" it looks on the side of the sleek 94 receiver.

FredBuddy
02-15-2019, 04:04 PM
I use fiber optic front sights on my
walk around rifles.

They help to discern point of impact when
the critter is hiding in vegetation like
groundhogs do.

I have to admit to being a fair weather
hunter, but I also "stalk" those critters.

Ginsing
02-15-2019, 05:40 PM
Fiber optic for speed and flat top post for precision.

FergusonTO35
02-16-2019, 08:22 PM
Williams FP is a fine sight for sure, I bet I have fired more centerfire rifle rounds using these than all others combined. Does your 94 use a front sight ramp or is it dovetailed into the barrel?

indian joe
02-18-2019, 07:07 AM
I like them to...makes a real difference for me and I am proud that I have finally gotten around to getting them on this rifle, no excuse for it not being shot, now.

Got one the same on a browning '71 - you wont be sorry!