PDA

View Full Version : going to trade for a new gun today

Lloyd Smale
10-13-2008, 05:23 AM
I shot jeff quinns 50 beuwolf ar when he was up visiting and fell in love with it. My buddy Al picked one up the other day and the dealer has one more. Ive got an extra FA 454 that has a 7.5 inch barrel and ports. Two things i dont care for. I got a heck of a deal on it and was going to have it cut down but i really dont need two FA 454s. Anyone have one or anyone tried cast bullets in one. Im thinking it would be a wholy terror loaded with a 440 lfngc at about 1800 fps. Even if a guy shot a steady diet of plated or jacketed bullets through it and shot a few cast for hunting.

Bass Ackward
10-13-2008, 06:34 AM
Lloyd,

Not only will this be something new and refreshing, it's an education waiting to happen. Something off the normal path for you. There are no guarantees, but I say that the odds are very favorable that shooting jacketed and cast won't take the rifling out of it before you get tired of launching 440 grains at 1800 fps. :grin:

Don't analyze it. If you want it, go get it. Then report on it as I am sure you are going to get others interested in it too.

My only concern is your back. :grin:

Lloyd Smale
10-13-2008, 03:57 PM
ordered it today.

rockrat
10-13-2008, 04:14 PM
Go over to ar15.com, the ar15 section and variants sub-part. Many there have 'wulfs, so ask away. Also there is 50beowulf.com for more stuff. I have a barrel and stuff, but haven't put one together yet.