PDA

View Full Version : A Pictorial Guide to Normal Holstered Gun Finish Wear

DougGuy
02-12-2019, 05:55 PM
I couldn't get the entire article to post here especially the photos, but click the link the story is informative and photos speak for themselves. If you are wondering which finishes hold up? Check the article out...

https://robarguns.com/blog/2019/02/12/holster-wear-testing-of-various-factory-and-aftermarket-metal-finishes/

5Shot
02-12-2019, 08:04 PM
I like the look of a blued gun with lots of holster wear...use, not abuse. Of course, the wear comes from going in and out, not sitting in the holster.

El Bibliotecario
02-12-2019, 10:44 PM
I like the look of a blued gun with lots of holster wear...use, not abuse. Of course, the wear comes from going in and out, not sitting in the holster.

I delight in the wear on weapons I have carried for decades, in that the experiences which caused it make me recall when my own 'finish' wasn't quite as corroded and gray.

rintinglen
02-13-2019, 03:17 PM
I delight in the wear on weapons I have carried for decades, in that the experiences which caused it make me recall when my own 'finish' wasn't quite as corroded and gray.

Thanks, Made me laugh to think that I have a few 'finish' issues myself. A lot of wear on my head.

shooting on a shoestring
02-13-2019, 10:55 PM
Thanks for posting the link DougGuy. That was a good read. If I read it right, that fellow did 8,000 pistol presentations. Wow. I’ll bet he’s the fastest weed eater starter on his block!

5Shot
02-13-2019, 11:57 PM
Thanks for posting the link DougGuy. That was a good read. If I read it right, that fellow did 8,000 pistol presentations. Wow. I’ll bet he’s the fastest weed eater starter on his block!

I have buddy that is pretty serious into training. One class he did 1,500 dry presentations on top of the actual live fire.

stubshaft
02-16-2019, 05:28 PM

MOST of the wear is from drawing and reholstering the pistol. Sometimes ya gotta run and the pistol shifts around..

5Shot
02-16-2019, 06:34 PM
MOST of the wear is from drawing and reholstering the pistol. Sometimes ya gotta run and the pistol shifts around..

If it is a crappy holster that is true...but how much running are we doing anyway? A properly formed holster keeps the gun in place until it is purposefully drawn.