PDA

View Full Version : More TC Scout Help Requested

Sckinhunter
02-09-2019, 08:05 PM
I need to remove the rib off the barrel of my .50 Cal T/C Scout rifle. There were three screws on the rib that were no issue but under the Thimble w/ Swivel Stud there is some type of screw holding it to the barrel. If it is a screw it does not have a slot like the others and there appears to be a round hole on top but it is not a torx or allen screw from what I can tell. Can someone please explain to me how to remove this last screw to get the rib off. Very much would appreciate some help.

arcticap
02-09-2019, 09:31 PM
The only TC thimble screws that I can find on eBay are either slotted or hex head for an Allen wrench.
Perhaps it got boogered up?
Try to find something to turn it with, if it's like the others then it should have threads.

Newtire
02-13-2019, 04:40 PM
I'll have to check mine-I wound up with 2 so ought to be able to find one.

Newtire
02-15-2019, 12:01 AM
Will get to it tomorrow, really!

Newtire
02-17-2019, 12:45 PM
It appears that the only difference between the screws is that the one going thru the ramrod ferrule is a touch longer (to accommodate for the thickness of the metal of the ferrule I a$$-u-me. One of the 2 carbines that I have had the wrong length screw I think going thru the ferrule (probably installed by an "intellectually challenged" aspiring fastener technician). When I went to unscrew it, this became apparent. It kind of popped and then fell out. The other carbine had all 4 screws still installed. These were all slotted head screws. Some things are not so apparent when someone else has already had something apart but the other carbine with all 4 screws appears to be correct. Hope this helps!

wgr
02-18-2019, 11:43 AM
Why do you need to remove the rib?
?