PDA

View Full Version : Do I really need one of these??

Idaho45guy
02-08-2019, 04:41 AM

My brother told me about these last year. They are apparently the cat's meow in regards to function, reliability, and price.

I had no desire to own one as I really didn't think I had a need for one.

Then Washington state started passing gun control laws after the leftists in Seattle gained power. First it was I-1639, which raised the age limit to 21 to purchase any semi-automatic rifle; even a 10/22. It classified all semi-auto rifles as "assault rifles" and added extra fees, written permission from the local chief of police to buy one, take an "approved" safety course, and you had to sign away your HIPPA rights.

Now they just introduced another bill that is sailing through that will ban all hi-cap magazines.

So I immediately ordered a bunch of AR10 mags and a Glock 33-round magazine that will work in my G19.

Never felt the need for a 33-round magazine before. But I figured I might as well start buying them.

Then I remembered that the sub-gun that my brother told me about also accepted Glock 33-round magazines, and that it is exactly the kind of gun that offends and terrifies the leftist gun-grabbers.

Now I want one. Sort of.

Trying to figure out how to justify having one as I only buy guns that I have an actual need for. I could see it as an ideal home defense weapon. If I was home-invaded by a SEAL team... Or it would be a good gun for a **** scenario, or a truck gun...

It's only $419. It won't ruin me to buy one. Just need a really good excuse to get one...

NyFirefighter357
02-08-2019, 06:44 AM
Get it before you can't!

rfd
02-08-2019, 07:17 AM
i have *NO* need for such a firearm but now i'm gonna get one, too. just because right now, i can. tomorrow may be too late for a lot of things in the USA ....

BNE
02-08-2019, 07:34 AM
“Need”? Not really, but they are fun. I have shot one by FM products and I have one on back order. (It holds a spare Glock mag in the pistol grip and is totally ambidextrious.)

The one I have played with is stupidly easy to operate, easy to clean and is a lot of fun to shoot while not killing your wallet.

I say get one while you can. You can always sell it if you decide you don’t want one.

Lloyd Smale
02-08-2019, 07:39 AM
do you have a link to the company. The name in your picture is cut off. Nobody may NEED one but spend a half hour at the range with my 4.5 inch ar15 in 9mm and you sure will WANT one.

Idaho45guy
02-08-2019, 08:10 AM
http://extarusa.com/ep9.htm

str8wal
02-08-2019, 07:01 PM
Since when did "need" have anything to do with a guy buy???

I am building a 9mm AR "pistol" with a standard lower and SBA3 brace to use with Endomags so I can build a matching upper in 22LR for cheap fun. Don't need one, but.......

Since the ATF has OK'd shouldering a pistol brace why mess with SBR paperwork and tax.

Lloyd Smale
02-10-2019, 07:53 AM
thanks. I already have a 4.5 and 16 inch ar in 9 but I did get on there notification list for when they start shipping 45acps and 10mms. Id especially be interested in one in 45 acp!
http://extarusa.com/ep9.htm

dragon813gt
02-10-2019, 09:53 AM
Since the ATF has OK'd shouldering a pistol brace why mess with SBR paperwork and tax.

The ATF can reverse their decision yet again. And spend any amount of time shouldering a KAK Shockwave Blade and your shoulder will be beat up. It’s not comfortable to shoot like an actual buttstock. My shoulder looked like I had been shooting hundreds of rounds of 12 gauge after two magazines.

str8wal
02-10-2019, 11:36 AM
The ATF can reverse their decision yet again. And spend any amount of time shouldering a KAK Shockwave Blade and your shoulder will be beat up. It’s not comfortable to shoot like an actual buttstock. My shoulder looked like I had been shooting hundreds of rounds of 12 gauge after two magazines.

Hopefully they see the error of their ways and eliminate the SBR restrictions since people are ignoring them anyway. The SBA3 is much more comfortable than a KAK, it shoulders like a buttstock.

dragon813gt
02-10-2019, 11:47 AM
Hopefully they see the error of their ways and eliminate the SBR restrictions since people are ignoring them anyway. The SBA3 is much more comfortable than a KAK, it shoulders like a buttstock.

I agree on all accounts. I have tax stamps and braces. It’s a lot easier to take the ones w/ braces out of state. I don’t have to ask permission to do so. I don’t see them changing their position anytime soon in regards to SBRs.

The SBA3 is definitely more comfortable. But it comes at a high price. I haven’t spent the money on one because of it.

str8wal
02-10-2019, 10:49 PM
The SBA3 is definitely more comfortable. But it comes at a high price. I haven’t spent the money on one because of it.

PSA markets a lower build kit with the SBA3 brace, although it sports the PSA logo rather than SB Tactical, for only 20 bucks more than the brace alone in most places. The kit comes with LPK w/FCG, MOE grip and SBA3 brace/buffer/tube/spring, etc for $150.

dragon813gt
02-10-2019, 11:20 PM
Compared to $40 for the Shockwave Blade or $45 for a MOE CTR stock. The kits are fine if you need all the parts. I have enough spare parts for all my rifles. It’s a big step up in price especially when you have SBR lower already. Easier and cheaper to move the upper to that lower. I can’t shoot two at once anyway [emoji23]

str8wal
02-11-2019, 01:01 AM
Understood. Nice thing about the SBA3 is that you can swap a carbine stock on the lower and pop on a new 16" top when you want. For my use it easily trumps the KAK but to each our own ;-)

Lloyd Smale
02-11-2019, 07:28 AM
I have a 556 with a shock wave on it and have shot hundreds of rounds in one sitting before and it never beat me up one bit. that said ive got a sig brace one one guy and its a bit ugly and not adjustable. I plan on doing another in 300bo in the next couple months and will probably try a sba3 this time. Shockwaves are fine on 556s and 9mms but I don't think id use one on a 50 beo, 450 bush ect pistol and even a 300 bo supersonic has quite a bit more shoulder punch then a 556. But to me the shockwave looks the best and is the least expensive and hands down the lightest brace if that matters to you.