PDA

View Full Version : Bear Hunt in NJ

StarMetal
12-04-2005, 09:53 PM
Saw on the news this even that protestors (animan advocates) protested about a an up coming blackbear hunt in NJ calling it inhumane and other bad things. They even took it to court and LOSS. hahahahahahahahaha This is only NJ's second blackbear hunt in 35 yrs. The bears apparently are accumulating there.

Joe

versifier
12-05-2005, 12:04 AM
Joe,
There are quite a few from there that come up here to shop (no taxes), hike, and ski (real mountains and WHITE snow - sorry to anyone who lives down there, it's still better than Massachusetts). :evil: Word is they've been having all kinds of nuisance bear troubles and no real place to relocate them to if and when trapped. Birdfeeders, trash the trash, break in through the screen doors and steal dinner, eat the family dog off of the run, scare the hell out of the meat-comes-from-the-supermarket-wrapped-in-plastic crowd, omygod what's that in the back yard honey call 911!!! Finally they are getting a chance to do something about it. [smilie=w:
Of course, they also have even bigger problems with nuisance deer in suburban areas, too, but we'd really welcome it if they wanted to relocate ten of fifteen thousand of them up here in the mountains. Couldn't do that, though, because someone up here might SHOOT them and, godforbid EAT them. :holysheep No justice, is there? They'd rather hit them with cars and leave them to die slowly out of sight. :confused:

StarMetal
12-05-2005, 12:19 AM
They probably have a Mafia problems too. Now those you are allowed to shoot. Very few of them are relocated except for the ones on the Federal witness relocation programs. Nobody eats them that I know of.

Joe

versifier
12-05-2005, 02:08 AM
I suspect they're be better off with the mob than with their current crop of politicians. The mob stays paid off, and even if you don't like what they tell you, at least you can believe it. They're big on safe neighborhoods and the second ammendment, too, neither of which the politicians give a damn about.

The Nyack Kid
12-05-2005, 12:30 PM
I know how to take care of the nusance deer problem .
most people in Montana ,Idaho and Wyoming would be very willing to ship every last one of our wolves back to the eastern Sea Board . the wolves if given a few years will do to the deer herds what they did to the yellowstone elk . those suburbanites love the cuddly ,furry, cute ,all natural killing machines , atleast when us westerners get stuck with them .

StarMetal
12-05-2005, 12:34 PM
Hell, we got your stinkin coyotes!!!

But you're right

Joe

grumble
12-05-2005, 02:49 PM
"...most people in Montana ,Idaho and Wyoming would be very willing to ship every last one of our wolves back to the eastern Sea Board..."

You got that right, Kid! But you need to include NM and AZ in the statement. The 3-S (shoot, shovel, and shut up) solution only works some of the time. I once suggested to my Senator that we trade a breeding pair of wolves for a breeding pair of drug dealers from Central Park in NYC, and see which one survived the best in their new environment. My bet would be on the wolves -- lots of kids in strollers to feed on in either place.

StarMetal
12-05-2005, 03:00 PM
I dunno Grumble.
Wolves do normally NOT attack man without provocation, at least in the USA.

There have been occasions where wolves attacked man on horses and in horse drawn wagons. But most likely the wolves where inbred with dogs and lost their fear of man, or they where after the horses.

I imagine if they got hungry enough they might go after babies in strollers.

The drug dealers might surpise you. Drugs are a big business everywhere. Even down here in lil ole hillbilly TN moonshining has taken a back seat to meth labs.

I can see people wanting to save the wolves, I think they are a very interesting animal, very intelligent and to me pretty...I have a love of German Shepherds so it carries over to wolves. BUT I think their time has come and past. I can't see how they can co-exist with us today in this country. The ranchers have a real problem for sure, so do elk in the national park.

I know one thing for sure, cross breeding them with dogs is one of the biggest mistakes ever.

Joe

versifier
12-05-2005, 03:18 PM
Amen to that Joe. We've got a "shelter" for "rescued" hybrids near my dad's farm. There has been a lot of talk in the neighborhood of sneaking close with a .22 on a stormy night and eliminating the problem. :twisted: I don't know what to do about the drunken fool that owns/runs it and the gullibles he sucks in to donate their time and money for his "humanitarian effort". :|

grumble
12-05-2005, 03:26 PM
How do you know wolves don't attack people, Joe? Reckon that maybe those who ARE attacked don't advertise? There are some pictures from a local rancher's web site (several years ago, dunno if it's still there or not) of wolves circling him and his wife as they tried to get back to their truck. (the people's truck, not the wolves'). Don't believe for a second that wolves in the wild aren't very dangerous, despite what Klinton's Fish and Game people tried to convince us of.

And, I seriously doubt any NYC druggies would last long here. People get "lost" all the time.

StarMetal
12-05-2005, 04:09 PM
Grumble

I didn't say they did not attack people, just that they don't do it alot. I've read alot and watched alot of programs on TV about them. They said that if they have such a bad reputation for killing people then why isn't there alot more recorded acoounts about it in such things as old newpapers. I'm not getting into no pissing contest about whether wolves attack people, but I don't think it's to the degree that some folks paint it out to be.

Joe

grumble
12-05-2005, 04:40 PM
Pissing contest, Joe? Not from me! Just setting the record straight.

If you look through old news clippings from, say, 1850-1920, you won't find many accounts of wolf attacks. Or bears, or mountain lions, or, for that matter, horse kicks. It wasn't news, so it didn't get in the newspapers of the time. Today, you don't see many accounts of wolf attacks either, but I suspect it's for a different reason. When you do hear about it is when someone's defending himself or his family and shoots a wolf, and gets nabbbed by the F&G people and hauled into court. Doesn't happen often because locals have learned to not report the incidents.

The speciaes of "wolf" released here are as you say, hybrid wolf-dogs, not the Mexican Wolf that used to live hereabouts. Most were also bred in captivity and were dependent on humans. Those survivers released locally are still fed roadkill and "officially harvested" elk and deer. They don't pass up newborn calves and lambs, though.

StarMetal
12-05-2005, 06:02 PM
Well if they indeed do have dog blood in them then they should all be eradicated but the Cast Boolit forum member...we'll do it free of charge right?

Joe

waksupi
12-05-2005, 09:18 PM
Grumble, that's one of the great things of living in the West. Lotsa places to hide the bodies!

StarMetal
12-05-2005, 11:21 PM
Ric,

You westeners aren't going to show the back east Mafia where and how to hide bodies hehehehehehehe

Joe

waksupi
12-05-2005, 11:39 PM
Oh, yeah? Ours turns into grizzly poop. Let's see the mafia do THAT!

StarMetal
12-05-2005, 11:49 PM
The mafia has had men ground up into sausage at a meat packing plant they owned. Guess it turned into people poop. Let's see you westerners do that one.

Joe

The Nyack Kid
12-06-2005, 12:19 AM
that is one reason why i refuse to eat hotdogs .

MT Gianni
12-06-2005, 12:32 AM
The best way to get in trouble after an illegal kill of what ever predator is to leave your brass and walk up to what ever you shot. This from an old Idaho fish and game warden friend. He also says the hardest s for most people is the "shut up". More poachers are caught by bar talk or the neighbors turning them in after bragging about it than most other means. Gianni.

ammohead
12-06-2005, 01:06 AM
Grumble, that's one of the great things of living in the West. Lotsa places to hide the bodies!

Cowboy friend of mine tells about how he and a couple cohorts snuk up on a young black bear boar that was intent on gorging himself on a beef carcass and roped him. Quite the rodeo the way he tells it. After wearing him down they heeled him and nutted him then turned him loose. Sounds like a tall tale, but I know these goofy s.o.b.s and don't doubt it a bit.

Couple of years ago an Equadorian sheepherder got mauled 2 years in a row at the same camp in the sierras. Called it quits after the second time and went back to Equador. He figured he had enough. I guess there ain't no wolves around here to tell the bears that they ain't supposed to attack humans.

ammohead

fatnhappy
12-06-2005, 01:51 AM
The best way to get in trouble after an illegal kill of what ever predator is to leave your brass and walk up to what ever you shot. This from an old Idaho fish and game warden friend. He also says the hardest s for most people is the "shut up". More poachers are caught by bar talk or the neighbors turning them in after bragging about it than most other means. Gianni.

Gospel truth.
I have a friend, he's a NY state trooper. He's never gotten a deer before, so this year he set up a tree stand in his backyard and brought in piles of apples. I told him he was stupid, stupid, stupid all day long. #1 without going into the ethics of baiting, it's illegal here in NY. #2 if he got popped for baiting not only would he get jammed up with the DEC, but he would jeopradize his job. #3 Killing a deer really isn't that hard, is it?

Well he shot the smallest deer in the woods this year. I told him to keep his mouth shut and to knock it off. He got the point finally after he backed up a Environment Conservationist cop at a call. The guy was blown in by his neighbor for baiting over cut apples. The guy couldn't keep his mouth shut and let the neighbors know he was doing it.

Just think how much prime rib you could buy with the fine money and lawyer fees.