PDA

View Full Version : Question about choosing sizer diameter

bmortell
02-05-2019, 10:31 AM
Hopefully i can word this right but, in 30 cal i shoot either powder coated gas checked or paperpatched and from my recovered PC'd bullets i can tell i need to lap my sizer a bit larger cause i had to do the same thing with my 44 made it about 5 tenths larger and recovered boolits are much more still coated on the bearing surface.

So my question is, say i make my 30 sizer the right size for PC boolits to fit right, does that tend to be the correct sizer diameter for paper patched boolits to also get sized correctly? Cause i know they bounce back more but i think paper patch are supposed to be a bit larger anyway. So do you guys usually get the correct size from both with the same sizer or do you use seperate ones.

bmortell
02-05-2019, 10:43 AM
I know a bunch of you are gonna say slug the bore, buy chamber cast alloy to measure throat diameter ect. But i use the same projectiles in several 30's not all of which are mine, and i feel theres no need for bore slugging because i feel like recovered pc boolits give me info on correct size or not. Im just asking if in general a sizer of correct diameter for coated boolits also works good for sizing paper patched ones.