PDA

View Full Version : I'm done with the Lee 300 FN in my 450 bushmaste

Tripplebeards
02-04-2019, 11:34 PM
I had the feeding and functioning fine in my ruger American with a AOL of 2.055" or shorter up until today. I believe Ruger switched out my magazine and now the when my mag is loaded with a single boolit...or cycling the last boolit it jams. I tried loading it shorter...still jams. So many people haven't up had luck with this boolit in their 450 BM and now I've had enough.

So what boolit will function better for me? I want to stick with a gas check so I can push it hard. I wouldn't mind something lighter. I would think the RCBS 300 FN 600's nose tappers in enough to cycle smooth and am I going to have issues sizing it down to .452"? I like the Gould boolit design but want a GC and a lighter boolit. Any good 250 to 270 g ain GC molds out there with narrower nose to feed better? Bet I have a good 1000 plus PC, GC boolits made up to use for paper weights now.

truckjohn
02-05-2019, 08:19 AM
Watch it cycle slowly and see what's going on. Your mag lips may have gotten tweaked or something along that line.

cwlongshot
02-05-2019, 08:52 AM
Your Beatin your gun apart, you don’t “need” to “push it hard”. You also don’t “need” a GC with your PC bullets to hit 1800 ish FPS.

You can’t make en any deader any faster...

If ya like I’ll send ya some of my 300’s to try.

CW