PDA

View Full Version : CLOSED: MP-Molds-Larsen-C432-250-RF-for-44-Special/ Magnum 444 Marlin

Pages : 1 [2]

StuBach
11-10-2021, 05:27 PM
Not trying to glib or anything but if You aren’t able to get a satisfactory response on this from Miha than I would advise the PayPal route, if unable to do that given how long ago it was than maybe just throw it up on eBay for what you paid for it and see if anyone bites so you can get your money back out. Might even be able to list a little higher and make something on it based on prices I’m seeing on there today.

Personally I have always had good experiences with MP molds and, while not as easy as I would like, I can live with this version of the mold. I PC so don’t necessarily need to check them anyways since I don’t shoot hot loads.

Another note I would like to make for future buys. The dimensional drawings for this buy do not include specifics on what that shank should be. Is it possible this fits the dimensions specified in what was sent? If that’s the case Miha isn’t to blame on the issue as he cut to requested dimensions. If we didn’t specify, same issue applies. Can the designer pipe in with what dimensions were sent?

I will try and remember to get detailed specs on any future buys I participate in to avoid these kinds of issues, I encourage everyone to do the same. That way if it’s not right I know why. But I do not hold this issue against anyone especially Miha, he’s a great vendor for us and I’ll gladly buy again despite this being the second buy I’ve been part of where something wasn’t right. (Other one was his responsibility and he took ownership on it and made it right so he gained my respect for that than and still has it now. )

Iowa Fox
11-17-2021, 12:50 AM
I'm going to differ on my opinion. Miha just plain missed it on this one. He cut a trial mold to check dimensions, no knowledgeable mold maker is going to cut a .419 gas shank and think it is going to accept a gas check. I would be very surprised if Glenn put that number on the gas shank. My conscience will not allow me to sell this to some unsuspecting soul just for his hard earned money. I think we have all been patient with Miha because he has been a stand up guy in the past. I should have filed a claim with pay pal earlier but gave him the benefit of the doubt due to his past performance. Plus I don't think pay pal is going to be thrilled at bringing bullet molds in from another country.

AlaskaMike
01-03-2022, 02:57 AM
I know a lot of folks are having problems with gas checks on this one. Mine is a plain base version, so thankfully I haven't had that problem.

The problem I am having though, is with the extremely tiny crimp groove on this design.

Can anyone involved in the design of this bullet explain why such a tiny crimp groove? This groove allows for only the smallest hint of a crimp. A good strong crimp with my Redding profile crimp die requires some serious effort and deformation of bullet metal.

I may end up passing this mold on to someone else who will be happier with it. I love everything about it, except for the almost non existent crimp groove.

bluejay75
01-13-2022, 01:23 PM
I know a lot of folks are having problems with gas checks on this one. Mine is a plain base version, so thankfully I haven't had that problem.

The problem I am having though, is with the extremely tiny crimp groove on this design.

Can anyone involved in the design of this bullet explain why such a tiny crimp groove? This groove allows for only the smallest hint of a crimp. A good strong crimp with my Redding profile crimp die requires some serious effort and deformation of bullet metal.

I may end up passing this mold on to someone else who will be happier with it. I love everything about it, except for the almost non existent crimp groove.

It was made specifically like that. In getting the proper chamber fit in everyones gun a crimp groove is never in the perfect spot. A larger crimp groove would not be as flexible to best OAL and good crimp. If youre having problems crimping...get a Lee Collett Crimp die.

JB

AlaskaMike
01-15-2022, 09:34 PM
Ok. Thanks for the info.

chsparkman
11-29-2022, 09:13 PM
So I have found a solution that I think will work for me. I got the plain base check maker from PatMarlins and I am able to fit checks made of aluminum can material. I'm going to load up a box and try them out in my Henry 44 mag. I'll update after the range.