PDA

View Full Version : New revolver sights

dubber123
02-04-2019, 02:11 AM
Hello all, I'd like to tell you about a new front sight I just got from a member here, who goes by 2 dogs on the forum. He just made me a front sight for a BFR revolver in .475 Linebaugh. While the BFR's are fine guns, they have a few short comings, one of the biggest is the cheesy, aluminum front ramp sight.

Fermin, the gentleman who makes the replacement I bought, makes a beautifully machined, steel replacement front sight for BFR's as well as Rugers and others. Its a much steeper profile, and really offers a much improved sight picture, and looks a million times better as well. He is an actual shooter who understands how much better a gun is with good sights, and thankfully makes them tall enough to allow sighting in with heavy loads, something that can be an issue with factory sights.

I will try to add some photos in the next few days, but if you would like to upgrade your revolver, give 2 dogs a PM. He does really nice work, and is very good at communicating with the customer as well. I'm not a paid spokesman or anything, just a very happy customer. I don't often feel the need to praise a business for their work, but Fermin deserves it, he is a great guy to do business with.

Thanks

contender1
02-04-2019, 10:26 AM
Careful,, you'll give Fermin the big head,, and then we'll see he actually has a neck! :D :D

Seriously,,, 2 dogs, (Fermin) is a great guy & a knowledgeable shooter. If you get anything from him, it will be top quality.

lar45
02-04-2019, 10:33 PM

Yep, good stuff. Here they are on my 475 and 500JRH
He also makes replacement blades for ruger front sight bases. I have a couple on order.

LIMPINGJ
02-04-2019, 10:51 PM
Better go check the PO Box and see if mine is there.

Lefty SRH
02-04-2019, 11:07 PM
2Dogs makes a great front sight! I have one on a Bisley Single Six

dubber123
02-04-2019, 11:47 PM
Thanks lar45 for getting a pic up. Yes, he has Ruger replacement blades as well as 1 piece base sight arrangements for a few different Ruger barrel diameters. I picked up a few of those from him also, for future purchases that I want to put an upgraded sight on. I own a mill and can tell you how much work really goes into these, enough so it makes more sense for me to buy from him than make my own. besides, his turn out better anyways. :) Hes also doing his version of the neat old Kings Gun Works sight that has the reflective mirror embedded in the ramp that helps in low light conditions.

Fermins pretty much a one man show, so putting in your orders early might be a good idea. Thanks again.