PDA

View Full Version : Seneca breech plug

Jeff Michel
02-01-2019, 10:04 AM
This is probably a pretty big reach but I'm in the market for a 13/16 breech plug for a Seneca or Cherokee. If you have any squirreled away and willing to part with, please PM me.
Thanks,
Jeff

bob208
02-01-2019, 11:24 AM
contact fort chambers in Chambersburg pa. they do have a website. they had some in the case when I was in last time.

Jeff Michel
02-01-2019, 12:36 PM
Thanks for the tip, unfortunately sold out.

Buzzard II
02-01-2019, 01:23 PM
Try Track of the Wolf. I know they have plugs for the larger guns. Good luck.
Bob

bedbugbilly
02-01-2019, 02:29 PM
I needed one about a year ago to breech a barrel for my Seneca in another caliber. At the time, TOW was out of them and didn't know when / if they would he more. I think that bob208 may have recommended the same thing to me but I found one before I contacted chambersburg. Once in a while they come up on fleabay but not often. Good luck in your search - it would be nice if someone made a batch of these as they allow a drop in barrel to be made to switch out different calibers.

jjarrell
02-01-2019, 08:05 PM
The Gun Works is supposed to be getting some in from the forge soon. I had an order in with them and that's what they told me when I called. They have a website. Joe and Suzi are great people. I just found a new one with 5/8x18 threads on eBay for $25. Surprised me to get it to be honest. Original TC Seneca breech plugs have a different thread that doesn't match the 5/8x18 threads of most 13/16" barrels.

Jeff Michel
02-02-2019, 08:01 AM
It appears it was available for purchase. We shall see, once I receive it, I'll post it in case some other members need one. Thanks.

Update: The lady just called and told me they were not in stock, hopefully in a month or two. On the notify list, which is a lot better than the list I'm usually on.:mrgreen:

1Hawkeye
02-03-2019, 07:15 PM
Try Tip Curtis in Cross plains Tn. The last time I saw Tip set up at Dixion's fair he had some.

jjarrell
02-03-2019, 08:32 PM
Until they get them in watch eBay. That's where I ended up stumbling across the one I got. It's new, never installed. It was pure luck but I'll keep an eye out for one too. If I see one I'll let you know.

Jeff Michel
02-04-2019, 12:23 PM
Update: Spoke with Mr. Curtis this morning. Had none, he was aware of no current source. Thanks, nonetheless.

1Hawkeye
02-05-2019, 09:42 AM
Log cabin shop was another place that use to carry t/c parts maybe they still have a breech plug?

Jeff Michel
02-06-2019, 05:03 PM
Thanks Hawkeye, the Log Cabin Shop is only about an hour east of me. I stopped by a couple months ago, no such luck. FWIW, if any of you are ever near Lodi Ohio it would be a shame if you didn't stop and walk through their firearms museum. They also carry an extensive selection of parts for building you a new smokepole or period equipage if you like to dress the part.