PDA

View Full Version : Handloader Mag First Issue Of The Year

jonp
01-30-2019, 07:52 PM
My wife got me a subscription for Christmas and I expected the first issue by now. Does anyone else have a subscription and did they get one yet or when do they usually come in. Few weeks early, month early, on time?

alamogunr
01-30-2019, 08:07 PM
I think I got my February issue very early this month. Call their customer service number. They are very helpful. I renewed in early December because the February issue was to be my last. I guess that means that I really don't know how long it takes for a subscription to take effect

Bazoo
01-30-2019, 08:07 PM
Howdy, my wife got me a subscription for my birthday in October and it took until sometime in November for me to get the first issue. I received the February issue already. If you don't know they only come out every other month.

georgerkahn
01-30-2019, 08:22 PM
As already posted, ring their customer service. I have had nothing but the most pleasant dealings with them through the years! I'd be most surprised if you do not get some answers! Their '800' number is 1-800-899-7810, and/or you may email them at lacey@wolfepub.com
geo

M-Tecs
01-30-2019, 08:29 PM
Media rate is slow. Two months to get first issue is not unusual.

robg
01-31-2019, 04:25 PM
Had a sub for handloader. And rifle for nearly 20 years nice people to deal with .

jonp
01-31-2019, 05:09 PM
Thank for the number, georgerkahn. My sweetie gave them a call and they said that the early part of December was not early enough for the first printing, slow time at the publisher, media yada yada yada. First issue will be in April :(

Anyone got the first of the year they are not saving by chance????

dragon813gt
01-31-2019, 06:38 PM
I haven’t seen it on the shelves yet. The few places by me that sell it still have the December issue on the rack.

dakotashooter2
01-31-2019, 10:10 PM
6-8 weeks is pretty common for magazine subscriptions

Sent from my KYOCERA-E6820 using Tapatalk

Hardcast416taylor
02-01-2019, 04:25 AM
Being old and not really in much of a hurry anymore I like the uncertainty of when my handloader mag shows up! I dropped Rifle mag as they were in love with the AR 15/M 16 rifle platform and devoting a lot of their used to be fine mag to it.Robert

GRid.1569
02-03-2019, 12:58 PM
I have a digital subscription as I’m in the U.K. but when I was on holiday in mid Jan in Orlando the Feb issue was on the newsstand... I didn’t get email notification until I was back home about it being available...

baileyboy
02-03-2019, 06:06 PM
And now they have a NEW one. Black Powder Cartridge News. My good buddy supplied the Pic of Harry pope that graces the cover.

Moonie
02-06-2019, 09:19 PM
I have the digital subscription to handloader, rifle and successful hunter.

Bazoo
02-06-2019, 09:24 PM
In the new issue, there is a handloading basics article. When it gets to the powder charging section it says that "powder charges must always be weighed". Guess they aint ever heard of a dipper or a measure.

dragon813gt
02-07-2019, 07:57 AM
In the new issue, there is a handloading basics article. When it gets to the powder charging section it says that "powder charges must always be weighed". Guess they aint ever heard of a dipper or a measure.

Charges w/ a dipper or measure need to be weighed to confirm. Once confirmed you don’t need to weigh every charge. But you should do spot checks.

Bazoo
02-07-2019, 05:12 PM
Yeah I agree totally. I went back and checked the article again and it does talk about using a measure. Guess for whatever reason I didn't retain that part. Maybe what the wife says about my memory is right after all.

jonp
02-10-2019, 05:28 PM
I have the digital subscription to handloader, rifle and successful hunter.

Just can't get into digital subscriptions. I am old school and like a magazine in my hands to read and leaf back and forth. A member here was good enough to send me a link to a digital copy of the first of the year issue which was very kind of him and confirmed to me that I am really going to enjoy this magazine. I can't wait to get my hands on my Christmas present.

Preacher Jim
02-12-2019, 12:50 PM
Fortunately for me our Wal-Mart and drug store carry handloaders and rifle plus a few more. I look to see if they have info I want to read before buying. They also carry Hodgdons annual manuals which I do buy every year.

abunaitoo
02-16-2019, 11:18 PM
Only one place here carries magazines on firearms.
It's the only book store on island.
Except for used book stores
I try ti go once a month.
I really should get a subscription to Handloader.
I thought the first issue of the year is Jan/Feb????

sjacobs
02-17-2019, 12:17 AM
Subscribed to Handloader and Rifle for YEARS. Sent in my yearly subscription fee and they stopped
sending Rifle magazine but still got Handloader. Called their “helpful” customer service at least twice during business hours
and could only leave a message which I did with all my info and phone number-no response. Tried
emailing them at least twice detailing my problem-again no response. Finally sent a letter to the
head of the subscription department-still no response. Guess who WONT be subscribing to a magazine that wont respond to a customer?

gwpercle
02-17-2019, 10:48 AM
Handloader is published 6 times a year...every two months...so getting the first issue can take a while and since it's 6 issues a year, long time between issues.
I do like sjacobs and get subscription to Handloader and Rifle magazine...that way I get a magazine every month ! I like how they stagger the magazines so you can do that.
I started my subscription when it was published 12 times a year...way back
Gary

Dale53
02-17-2019, 12:07 PM
Some years ago, I bought my iPad Air mostly to store and read my digital magazines. My favorites are Handloader and the Cast Bullet Association's "The Fouling Shot". I get the benefits of reading the magazines wherever I am plus can store dozens of them in the "cloud". Good system that works far better than I could have asked for. Further, I get three mags from Wolfe Publishing for the price of one (going digital).

The extra benefits are my iPad has become my portable computer, too...

I am a "Certified Old Fart", so Old Dogs CAN learn new tricks! (:>))

Dale53

quack1
02-17-2019, 01:17 PM
Handloader is published 6 times a year...every two months...so getting the first issue can take a while and since it's 6 issues a year, long time between issues.
I do like sjacobs and get subscription to Handloader and Rifle magazine...that way I get a magazine every month ! I like how they stagger the magazines so you can do that.
I started my subscription when it was published 12 times a year...way back
Gary

Handloader was never published every month, always bi-monthly. Same with Rifle Magazine. I have been been buying them from the beginning and have them all, except for one issue a Lab puppy got a hold of.

alamogunr
02-17-2019, 05:38 PM
Subscribed to Handloader and Rifle for YEARS. Sent in my yearly subscription fee and they stopped
sending Rifle magazine but still got Handloader. Called their “helpful” customer service at least twice during business hours
and could only leave a message which I did with all my info and phone number-no response. Tried
emailing them at least twice detailing my problem-again no response. Finally sent a letter to the
head of the subscription department-still no response. Guess who WONT be subscribing to a magazine that wont respond to a customer?

I don't really understand. I had to renew my Handloader subscription at the end of the year and in January I got concerned that my check had not cleared the bank. Called the customer service # and talked to a human right away. She assured me that my subscription had been extended and all was in order.

Like Dale53, Handloader and The Fouling Shot are my favorite magazines. Unlike him though I need the print version. The only digital magazine I get is American Rifleman. It is not one of my favorites so I had rather any $$ the NRA would have spent sending me a magazine should go to their political activities.