PDA

View Full Version : Rifle stock for my new G2 contender

Pistolpete
01-26-2019, 03:06 PM
I am looking for a rifle stock for my new G2 contender. I have read that the stock t/c stocks have a low comb that don't work well with scopes. Has any one bought a boyds stock or the revolution stock that housofarms sells? Do they work well with a scope? Thamks.

Pistolpete
01-27-2019, 05:51 PM
Thanks andyb1. Any body have a rifle with either of the stocks I mentioned? Would you buy something else?

Shawlerbrook
01-27-2019, 06:24 PM
I have one of these and love it .
http://www.highplainsgunstocks.com/

NSB
01-27-2019, 06:45 PM
Before I bought a stock because I heard something, I'd try one and see for myself. I have a couple and haven't found any problems with the stocks at all. If fact, it never occurred to me that there was a problem. Not saying there isn't, I'm just saying I'd look for myself. They're not rare, you shouldn't have any trouble getting your hands on one.

Pistolpete
01-28-2019, 10:25 AM
I have one of these and love it .
http://www.highplainsgunstocks.com/
Those are some very nice stocks.

Pistolpete
01-28-2019, 10:28 AM
Before I bought a stock because I heard something, I'm just saying I'd look for myself. They're not rare, you shouldn't have any trouble getting your hands on one.. Your right all it takes is money, can order 3 or 4 and try them all, if u have enough money.

NSB
01-28-2019, 10:49 AM
. Your right all it takes is money, can order 3 or 4 and try them all, if u have enough money.

So you're saying that no one you know has one or there aren't any gun stores where you can go and look at one? I really don't care what you do, I was offering a suggestion to your OP. Sounds like your mind was made up before you asked.

Pistolpete
01-28-2019, 03:01 PM
So you're saying that no one you know has one or there aren't any gun stores where you can go and look at one? I really don't care what you do, I was offering a suggestion to your OP. Sounds like your mind was made up before you asked.

That is correct, don't have a friend who has one and no stores around here have one. Guess I can wait till the next gun show. That would be my best bet.