PDA

View Full Version : Pray for Tom

Boaz
01-20-2019, 07:05 PM
Tom retired from the Air Force and went into law enforcement . He worked till he just couldn't do it anymore physically . A good husband and father he loves his children . He and I go to the same church , he is always there early to be a door greeter , he took it on himself to do all the mowing and helping others . He encourages the youth and always talking about each one's good points . I have known him a long time and never heard him say a bad word about anyone .

I found out today he has cancer and is in hospice . He is still lucid and in good contact , his wife has Alzheimer's . Please pray for them both . Their two daughters are taking care of them in this time . Tom is a good man . Thank you .

Der Gebirgsjager
01-20-2019, 07:43 PM
In have done so.

Preacher Jim
01-20-2019, 08:20 PM
Adding him to church prayer list.

buckwheatpaul
01-20-2019, 08:55 PM
Father, Please be with Tom and his wife as they follow the paths in front of them. Grant Tom comfort and understanding so that he can approach his situation. Please be with his wife so that they can walk the same path for as long as You allow. Lastly, Father please give their daughters the strength to endure the required regiment to care for their parents. Father, Your will be done but please be with this family as they run this race. AMEN

jcren
01-20-2019, 08:56 PM
Prayers sent

Goatwhiskers
01-20-2019, 09:12 PM
Done and continuing, Charlie. GW

Pine Baron
01-21-2019, 12:07 AM
Praying for God's Mercy and Grace for Tom and his wife. Strength and comfort for his daughters. In Jesus name. Amen.
Thanks Charlie for bringing this here.

USMC87
01-21-2019, 10:03 AM
We are adding Tom to our prayer list.

Sig556r
01-21-2019, 10:14 AM
May the Lord ease his pain...prayers to his family as well

Triggerfinger
01-21-2019, 10:32 AM
Prayers sent!

Markopolo
01-21-2019, 10:46 AM
Prayers sent to comfort the family as they travel the straight path.

castalott
01-21-2019, 02:42 PM
Mercy Lord...Please Mercy... Amen

jmort
01-21-2019, 03:45 PM
Praying
Sounds like a good and decent man. Sorry to hear this.

koehn,jim
01-21-2019, 05:14 PM
Prayers sent.

Boaz
01-21-2019, 08:33 PM
Went to hospice when I got off work . No one was in his room but there were two ladies purses there so assumed his wife or daughters had gone to the breakroom . He has lost a lot of weight and drawn but is still in good contact , he understood all I talked about with him . His speech was slow because of the medication but he was responsive . I did most of the talking .

I told Tom he was an example for me and I admired how encouraging he always was . We prayed and he told me he loved me , we talked . He is in no pain and peaceful . The church is holding the Wednesday service at the hospice chapel , Tom was liked by everyone . I will update the thread as his situation progresses . Thank you for keeping this family in your thoughts and prayer .

Pine Baron
01-21-2019, 10:48 PM
Prayers continue.

smoked turkey
01-21-2019, 11:11 PM
Boaz You are a true blessing to those around you. It is so kind and thoughtful to have paid Tom and his family a visit. It seems without the Lord's intervention, Tom is about to cross over from this life to an eternal home with Jesus and all his Christian friends who have already crossed that great divide. I have also prayed for Tom and his wife and family for peace, comfort, and healing at this time.

Boaz
01-22-2019, 09:19 AM
Boaz You are a true blessing to those around you. It is so kind and thoughtful to have paid Tom and his family a visit. It seems without the Lord's intervention, Tom is about to cross over from this life to an eternal home with Jesus and all his Christian friends who have already crossed that great divide. I have also prayed for Tom and his wife and family for peace, comfort, and healing at this time.

I thank you for the compliment but I'm honestly not doing anything more than all here would do . I have been down this path so many times and feel inadequate and as a fact I am inadequate . In these times all we can do is provide support and comfort .All we can do is prepare by asking our Lord to guide our words and acts . Seek the Holy Spirit and be mindful .

daloper
01-22-2019, 09:30 AM
Father God. IO lift up Tom to you this morning. Be with him and give him the peace he needs. Be with the doctors and all who care for him that they will keep him comfortable. Be with his wife and daughter and give them the strength and comfort that they need during this. Bless this family and hold them up. In the name of your Son and our Savior, Jesus Christ, I pray. Amen

trys357
01-22-2019, 10:15 AM
Prayers sent to Tom and family.

Hickok
01-22-2019, 11:45 AM
Amen to all the prayers for Tom, in Christ Jesus Name!

Boaz
01-30-2019, 12:38 PM
Tom has gone home . Service will be at church tomorrow , thank all that prayed for him and I hope you pray for those left that will miss him .

Thank you
Charlie

Pine Baron
01-30-2019, 01:27 PM
Sorry to hear this, but glad that Tom is at peace with the Lord. Prayers of comfort for the family.
My condolences for you on the loss of your friend.

Boaz
01-30-2019, 07:05 PM
Thank you Pine Baron . We never really apricate the good ones enough till one day they are not there .

Boaz
02-01-2019, 07:48 AM
Tom's service was yesterday . Judging by the seating in our sanctuary there were nearly 200 people attended . Tom was loved . As I described Tom in the opening post was the main point of the service given by our pastor ...Tom was an example to all of us .

At many funerals family , friends and guests are allowed to stand up and speak of the one gone home . At Tom's service it was not given and I know why . No confirmation of him being a good man or an example to all was needed . The service would have lasted all day .
Not knowing whether people would be asked to speak for Tom this is part of what I would have said .

Eight years ago at a Wednesday night service My daughter and I got there early . Tom was at the door as usual greeting people . There were just a few older folks there early in the sanctuary talking . Tom came in and quietly told me that an old couple had seen what looked like a homeless man hiding behind the outside air conditioning units on the north side of the building .

In Texas at that time it was illegal to carry in church but the church shootings had started and I carried anyway . Tom told me he was going to walk around the building and wanted me aware of the situation . I just said ...I go with you . The outside lights were off and neither one of us knew where to turn them on , there was no moon and it was pitch black . My right ankle was shot and I could barely walk , it was fused a few months later .

Two old men stumbling around in the dark ...I look back now and smile at it . But Tom was determined to keep everyone safe .

I'll stop there . Tom was a good man ...a servant and example to all that knew him . I wish I was more like Tom .

square butte
02-01-2019, 09:35 AM
Thanks for sharing this Charlie

rl69
02-03-2019, 10:24 AM
Another brother home

baileyboy
02-03-2019, 12:29 PM
Prayers for family at today's Mass.