PDA

View Full Version : Model 97 ?

Black Powder Bill
01-18-2019, 11:03 PM
Took a quick look at this today. Did not dismantle. 234267Checked my books and on line. What part goes in the hole? It is not threaded I figure it's an internal part maybe spring loaded.

Thanks Bill

Texas by God
01-18-2019, 11:30 PM
Mine (1909 made) had the action release button there. Solid frame is neat, most are takedown that I see.

Black Powder Bill
01-18-2019, 11:32 PM
Mine (1909 made) had the action release button there. Solid frame is neat, most are takedown that I see.Thanks! I'll be back into it Monday. I'll.call then owner and.see if he took it apart or another person.

Sent from my XT1096 using Tapatalk

labradigger1
01-19-2019, 04:36 PM
Action release button on my 1901 model 97 but it’s also a takedown model. Not sure on the sold frames. These guns are fun and usual issues are the left hand extractors. The ones numerich sell are junk. Sass has some quality extractors. I bought one from numerich and it was so poorly manufactured there was no way to fit it to the gun. I found an nos Winchester genuine part and with mild fitting gun shoots and ejects like it was made 117 years ago.
Buy or make lots of ammo until you get the slam fire out of your system.
Did I mention these are fun? Also, make sure it is made for 2-3/4 shells, earlier ones are 2-5/8” and you may need to have the forcing come extended.

Black Powder Bill
01-19-2019, 04:48 PM
Thanks

I did a little more looking around and that whole appears to be the slide release as well. thanks for the heads up on numrich . I do buy quite a few parts through them ,everything has to be hand fit ,sometimes it's not even close.

Sent from my XT1096 using Tapatalk