PDA

View Full Version : I did the cooking today

Lead pot
01-16-2019, 07:54 PM
Today was a fine day, temp up to 40 sun was out no wind, but I did not shoot. I decided to do the cooking today :)
I started up the Webber and put a Brisket on for 7 hrs and wrapped it in foil and a can of beer in the foil and back on the grill again for a hour to get the steam to break up the meat and add juice and another hour more letting it rest wrapped in a towel and stuck in a cooler. All this time I also cooked some bullet alloy to get ready for some serious casting sessions so I don't have to do it during the summer heat. At the days end I had a stack of 3# ingots ready for the casting process.
The Brisket turned out great, so tender it falls apart just sticking the fork in.
The day went well 😊

Winger Ed.
01-16-2019, 08:21 PM
Although you didn't get to go shooting, it's hard to imagine a more productive day.

shaner
01-18-2019, 08:40 AM
Missed out on shooting but ended the day pretty good in my eyes plus a full belly!

Sent from my SCH-I435 using Tapatalk

Smoke4320
01-18-2019, 08:43 AM
What beer :)

Lead pot
01-18-2019, 06:40 PM
Smoke there is only one kind of Beer ! :) Leinenkugel Oktoberfest or maybe two :) Their Creamy dark I actually bike better just didn't have it.

Lloyd Smale
01-20-2019, 08:30 AM
I like the looks of a pile of freshly casted ingots but that brisket would win hands down!
Today was a fine day, temp up to 40 sun was out no wind, but I did not shoot. I decided to do the cooking today :)
I started up the Webber and put a Brisket on for 7 hrs and wrapped it in foil and a can of beer in the foil and back on the grill again for a hour to get the steam to break up the meat and add juice and another hour more letting it rest wrapped in a towel and stuck in a cooler. All this time I also cooked some bullet alloy to get ready for some serious casting sessions so I don't have to do it during the summer heat. At the days end I had a stack of 3# ingots ready for the casting process.
The Brisket turned out great, so tender it falls apart just sticking the fork in.
The day went well ��

dave roelle
01-20-2019, 08:46 AM
Nice Kurt. You have a bit of texas in your family history

Lead pot
01-20-2019, 09:38 AM
Dave, It's all German, but I live the Texan way.