PDA

View Full Version : frankford arsenal primer

redriverhunter
01-16-2019, 03:41 PM
I purchased a Frankford Arsenal Platinum Series Perfect Seat Hand Priming Tool I like the feel and getting all the shell holders. It works good with 308 and 357 good but, I found when priming 45 colt that the shell holder is too loose and does not hold the shell well, it cants to one side and does seat flush. I tried to call Frankford Arsenal and waited 11 minutes to be sent to an answering machine. well cant have everything.

Fernando
01-16-2019, 08:02 PM
Lee shellholders work and it might fit a little better.
If I wasn't so lazy I run down and check - maybe in the A.M.

redriverhunter
01-16-2019, 10:31 PM
thanks for the tip. I will give it a try. I was wondering what I was going to with all the lee shell holders I have. I gave up on the Lee auto prime.

gumbo333
01-17-2019, 11:42 AM
The old round Lee hand primer sure worked better than any of the newer Lee hand primers or their bench primer.

mac60
01-17-2019, 08:25 PM
I have one. As mentioned Lee AP shellholders will work. I have experience with their CS dept. - I bought a Vibra prime and had trouble with it. They worked with me - actually sent me a replacement tray and when that didn't work they sent me a replacement unit and all was well with the new one. All communication was done via e-mail. I was highly satisfied with how I was treated.