PDA

View Full Version : Consumer Warning: Do NOT Buy a New Alessi Holster !

pietro
01-14-2019, 07:27 PM

The original owner of Alessi Holsters passed away, and now someone has apparently hijacked his name and is collecting $$$, but not delivering product.

Read about it here:

https://www.shootersforum.com/handguns/225911-alessi-holsters-dont-do.html

NSB
01-14-2019, 07:31 PM
So far, you're the only one who's posted on this subject. No one else got "snookered", so why did you? Why not post the bad link that you bought off of instead? Your post on shootersforum was a drive-by just to complain. Not enough info here.

lefty o
01-14-2019, 08:08 PM
at one time alessi holsters were about the best you could buy. after Lou passed (now many years), the family took it over. it is quite possible the company has gone down hill , but this is the first i have ever heard a bad comment about alessi holsters.

5Shot
01-14-2019, 10:47 PM
at one time alessi holsters were about the best you could buy. after Lou passed (now many years), the family took it over. it is quite possible the company has gone down hill , but this is the first i have ever heard a bad comment about alessi holsters.

Lou was my mentor, so I know a bit about this. Lou passed away 10 years ago next month. After he passed the family DID NOT take over. It was sold to a weasel named Tom Kulwicki. Lou's daughter worked there for a time, sewing holsters. She was treated badly and harassed in a way that would have had Lou stuffing a muzzle down Tom's throat had he still been alive. Thankfully Tom is no longer upright, and Tom's daughter and her husband DID take over. All they know about.making holsters is what they learned from Tom, and he didn't know **** (but he talked like he did). The stuff from the new Alessi shop (the past 10 years) is garbage, and I bet Lou has been rolling over in his grave. Ritchie isn't much better in my opinion, and my guess is that they stole all of Lou's patterns while "Helping" out at the shop. Every holster they make is an exact copy of Lou's, including snap loop designs, etc. Not an original idea in the whole catalog.

5Shot
01-14-2019, 10:54 PM
BTW, I'm not sure I believe that guy that thinks he was a personal friend of Sam's...since his name is Lou, and his wife never had anything to do with the company, other than to sell it. I still talk to her and her daughter on occasion.

lefty o
01-14-2019, 11:22 PM
BTW, I'm not sure I believe that guy that thinks he was a personal friend of Sam's...since his name is Lou, and his wife never had anything to do with the company, other than to sell it. I still talk to her and her daughter on occasion.

i noticed the guy called him sam too. LOL

fatnhappy
01-19-2019, 09:25 PM
Interesting read.

5Shot
01-21-2019, 09:21 PM
Here's their booth at SHOT Show... I would say they aren't doing so well (Setup is over).

https://c1.staticflickr.com/5/4824/46833129521_1b5fea7ebc_c.jpg

PbHurler
01-22-2019, 08:49 AM
I guess I got lucky

I bought my first Alessi holster (& belt) 9 years ago, have bought two additional holsters between then & now, along with magazine holsters etc. Apart from the wait time(s), I have been very satisfied with them, and IMO the quality has been great. (I have none of Lou's work to compare them to though)

I hope this isn't so, and things get straightened out if there is an issue. I've been considering ordering another belt from them due to losing so much weight..