PDA

View Full Version : Too many holes in heel base lubrisizer die.

Baltimoreed
01-13-2019, 08:43 PM
Wondering if I can eliminate four of the eight holes on my .375 lubrisizer die by using some heat resistant tape wrapped around the outside of the die? I use my lubrisizer to size both the bullet and case and lube my .38 heel base bullets after loading them. I just turn my case upside down and run it into my sizer, lube it and pop it out. There is only the one groove and I’m getting lube where I don’t want it, having to do alot of lube cleanup on the case and nose.

Skunk1
01-13-2019, 08:45 PM
Plug them with No 7 or 8 shot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tja6435
01-13-2019, 10:07 PM
Yes on the lead shot, I've used #8 and tapped it in with a small brass hammer to ensure it stays in. It'll come right out with a little drill bit, but I usually can get it out with a sharp pocket knife.

Baltimoreed
01-13-2019, 10:57 PM
Hadn’t thought about using shot, good idea. I have some #9 that I use in my 12 ga cas loads but I should be able to make a plug with a punch out of some sheet lead I’ve got.

Baltimoreed
01-14-2019, 03:21 PM
I used a flattened out range pickup for lead after flattening it out some more. Used a 1/8 in leather hole punch to cut out 4 plugs. Rolled them between a piece of oak and flat steel to get them smaller. Just tapped them into the bottom holes. I’m still getting a little on the nose but not much. Much less work to clean them up. Thanks all.