PDA

View Full Version : What is pure lead going for in your area now?

cubrock
10-08-2008, 09:23 PM
Those who deal in lead around here are charging around $1.50 a pound for pure lead. I was curious what it is going for in your neck of the woods.

Of course, then there was the electrical contractor a friend of mine works for that remodeled a hospital last year and threw away hundreds if not thousands of pounds of lead drywall lining. When he told me about it, I told him to let me know next time they have lead and I'll come pick it up with cash in my pocket for him/them/whomever's palm I have to grease. [smilie=1:

44mag1
10-08-2008, 10:28 PM
You might call a drywall supply house and ask them to let you know whos buying the lead lined stuff. I remodeled a doctors office a while back and had a hard time getting the stuff. Of course I kept all the scraps. The supply house will surely know who is buying it and how to get a hold of them. Most of these contractors chuck all this stuff. You might call a roofer who does tile roofs. They use pure lead to seal around roof penatrations. Im sure someone else will chime in about some other scources.

crazy mark
10-09-2008, 12:56 AM
Free as I work at a major medical center in Facilities and am a remodel coordinator now.

Jon K
10-09-2008, 01:00 AM
OK go ahead and rub it in Mark.........

Jon

cubrock
10-09-2008, 02:10 AM
OK go ahead and rub it in Mark.........

Jon

+1 :(

Netherwolf
10-09-2008, 05:44 AM
I just paid 45 cents per pound about a week ago at a scrap yard in southeast Michigan. BTW, does anyone know a good ratio for mixing pure lead with WW to get a not too soft alloy for pistol shooting?
Netherwolf

fishhawk
10-09-2008, 07:40 AM
1 to 1 WW and pure should be fine for handguns. steve k

dale2242
10-09-2008, 10:12 AM
Called a local scrap yard a few days ago. They get $1 a lb for lead. They did not say what alloy they had.---dale