PDA

View Full Version : Rcbs lube sizer and top punches

wendyj
01-06-2019, 04:02 PM
Not the run of the mill question. I’m having hard time getting top punches in and out of the lube sizer. Been sitting for a few months. Old top punch just fell right out. Tried putting new one in and doesn’t seem to want to go in. See no rust. Sprayed good with ballistol and punch goes about half in and I can force it on in. Then problem of getting it back out. Cleaned good with small brush and a tips. Still acting up. Any ideas..

wendyj
01-06-2019, 04:43 PM
Never mind. Seems to be only punches from NOE and Flat punches from Accurate although they did work at one time. Rcbs and Lyman punches are fine.

winelover
01-07-2019, 08:15 AM
Are you sure you loosened the set screw, that holds the punches in place, enough?

Winelover

Echo
01-07-2019, 12:58 PM
Are you sure you loosened the set screw, that holds the punches in place, enough?

Winelover

Ditto...

wendyj
01-07-2019, 02:13 PM
Took it completely out. Cleaned with a small brush and oiled up nice and clean. Still just the NOE and Accurate punches made out of aluminum I think.

gwpercle
01-07-2019, 04:48 PM
Polish the shaft(s) of the offenders with 400 grit wet or dry paper to slightly reduce diameters. They are a snug fit but a little polishing will reduce the diameter just enough to slide into place.
Gary

Barr
03-14-2019, 09:35 AM
A q-tip and alcohol will clean the pocket as well.

lightman
03-14-2019, 01:17 PM
I would chuck them up in a drill and get some emory cloth after them. It shouldn't take much.

Rich/WIS
03-14-2019, 10:34 PM
Had to polish several NOE to get them to fit in both my Lyman 450's and RCBS LAM II. As above use 400 grit and oil and spin in a drill. It doesn't take much (they are aluminum) so go slow and test until they fit the way you want.

Walks
03-15-2019, 12:27 AM
Yep, I clamp my old Lyman Lube-Sizer W/heater added on to my Patio Picnic table. First time I used a Accurate flat nose punch I sat there with a cordless drill & 400grit. Took one 5 second run in the drill to make each fit perfect.
Took more time to put each of the four punches (did a N.O.E. too) in/out of the drill adapter then it took to smooth down each one.