PDA

View Full Version : Small world

Bret4207
12-03-2005, 05:41 PM
One of the other posters here and I have discovered via PM's that I dated his former girlfriends aunt many years ago. In the Adirondacks that would make us darn near legally related! Small world.

Buckshot
12-04-2005, 08:48 AM
...........Some people think it's smaller then it really is. They find out you were in the Navy and ask, did you know a guy named Bob? He was on a ship too.

..............Buckshot

BruceB
12-04-2005, 09:24 AM
En route to a union convention on the northern coast of British Columbia, I took a jet 700 miles south to Edmonton, Alberta. With a couple hours to kill between flights, I went to the Bush Pilot's Lounge (bar) in the Edmonton terminal. Walked in, and someone stood up across the room and hollered "BruceB, what are you doing here?" It was a group of my fellow Elks from Yellowknife, headed for Las Vegas.

Got to my overnight hotel in downtown Vancouver, B.C. after another flight, and decided to walk down to one of my favorite gun stores a few blocks away. This was now about rush hour, and I'm standing on a corner waiting for the light to change. BIG city. A car slams to a halt in front of me, and the driver hollers "BruceB, what are you doing here?" He happens to be a gent I know well, on the way to the same convention. I am now 1400 miles from home.

Got back from the gunshop, still too early for dinner, so headed for (what else?) the hotel bar. Gent stands up across the room, hollers "BruceB, what are you doing here?" It's my wife's former boss and a friend of ours, then working in Whitehorse, Yukon Territory, down on a business trip, and yukking it up with some pals.

Small world, for certain.

Bret4207
12-04-2005, 10:52 AM
Yeah Buckshots right. The only problem (I can't help myself) is that when you're talking about sailors, to "know" is used in the biblical sense...... (Boy that Marine Corps training stays with you forever!)

fatnhappy
12-05-2005, 02:26 AM
christmas of '88 on a flight from Pheonix to Chicago, while stationed in So. Kalifornia, "Dean what are you doing here?"

My ex-fiancee.

Not ex-enough if you ask me. She's a "social" worker.

7br
12-05-2005, 08:05 AM
My old college roommate is from a town of 32 people in the little bitty part of Maryland that is actually West Virginia. One spring break, we took a road trip from Kansas State U. to Daytona Beach via Houston TX. While walking through the French Quarter, said roommate jump a little wall and started talking to two older couples. Turns out they were from the same small town.