PDA

View Full Version : Question about Belt Mountain base pins.....

Harry O
01-01-2019, 09:53 PM
I was having problems with my Uberti 1873 clone base pins when used with heavy loads and replaced them with Belt Mountain pins about 10 or 12 years ago. No problems since.

I am getting another Uberti soon and would like to replace the belt pin for it, too. I looked up the Belt Mountain website and all they mention any more is Ruger revolvers (with slight reference to Original Colts). Did I miss something? I thought I ordered specifically for Uberti in the past, not for Colt and taking a chance they would fit.

https://beltmountain.com/

Dan Cash
01-01-2019, 10:49 PM
I would call Belt Mountain. Only comment I will make is that if you are loading heavy enough to shake your base pin loose, you are way overloading your 1873 clone.

Harry O
01-01-2019, 11:13 PM
Only comment I will make is that if you are loading heavy enough to shake your base pin loose, you are way overloading your 1873 clone.

When I said heavy, I meant in comparison to my usual CAS loadings that I used in those guns. The loads I used were safe loads from the loading manuals. The base pins Uberti had back then had two very wide and sloppy grooves around them to hold them in place. The Belt Mountain pins had probably 1/4 of the material removed where it locked. Big difference.

contender1
01-01-2019, 11:40 PM
Call them.

Lloyd Smale
01-05-2019, 08:12 AM
yup give kelye a call. even if he doesn't stock them he might make you one. Hes about as good of a guy as youll ever talk to.