PDA

View Full Version : Colt 1911 little help please

Lethemgo
12-31-2018, 10:44 PM
What now

Lethemgo
01-01-2019, 07:29 AM
Very interesting its been in my safe for many years now maybe i know some or the story begins!

bigted
01-02-2019, 05:57 AM
I can see no picture

tazman
01-02-2019, 07:53 AM
I can see no picture

Several pictures and comments have been removed from the thread. I have no idea why.

Der Gebirgsjager
01-02-2019, 02:52 PM
Because: The OP posted several photos of a 1911 with a unique serial number and requested information. He was in luck, because there probably isn't anyone else on the forum that had the answer, and I posted a photo of a 1911 with a similar number. For an unknown reason the OP then removed his photos and question, so it became disjointed with a reply to a question no longer being asked. Since the OP apparently no longer wised to have his serial no. on display, why should I leave mine? The entire thread should be deleted, since there is no value to it. I thought you deserved an explanation.

tazman
01-02-2019, 03:03 PM
Thanks for that. It clears it all up.

bigted
01-02-2019, 07:28 PM
Thanks for the explanation.

Mr_Sheesh
01-03-2019, 04:31 AM
One can put a bit of electrical tape over a Serial Number before taking a picture, or even just the last few digits, that tends to obscure the last bit of the number (though electrical tape's transparent to Infrared so if it's an IR picture, put aluminum foil under the tape to block IR.) Easy to do.

If the OP wants the thread deleted, just say so in here, I'll get it if another Mod doesn't beat me to it :)

Lethemgo
01-03-2019, 11:03 AM
Sorry guys working 14 hours and mind is getting frazzled. I was getting close to full on storage on saved pics and went to clear it out and deleted most of what i had on here plus had already deleted off my tablet. Was working on my old laptop and boom all gone. Just haven't had time to repost it and was going to delete thread completely but couldn't figure out how so started to try a way and ended up where were at now.....so sorry
Yes thank for your kind explanation, and your right may have never found out what was up since I've been looking for many years. I am trying now to find out who C11 or Cll may have been and maybe one day will. It was so interesting to here your story and glad you gave me an hopeful answer to a long wondering question.
You guys on here are a great asset and a wealth of knowledge I appreciate, and sorry for the confusion and mistakes on my part.
Thanks much for your help at all times!

tazman
01-03-2019, 05:23 PM
If you wish to have the thread deleted, notify a moderator and they will handle it.

wv109323
01-04-2019, 12:10 AM
There are some super experts on the 1911forum. There is a section on older 1911's.
I do not reconize your s/n format. A commercial 1911 should be a C followed by numerical serial number.
If you decide to persue further info on the 1911 forum, I would suggest the following: Under the firing pin stop should be some numbers that tie the slide to frame, early barrels had "p"," ph" and a "G" for the different versions. Also a profile picture of the barrel can help identify year make. They experimented with different machining procedures to produce.
Does your slide have a patent date of 1913 listed on the slide? Slides made between 1911 and 1913 did not have the 1913 date. A patent was approved the 1913 thus the date was added to the slide.
Take some pictures of the entire frame and some with entire slide for id.