PDA

View Full Version : A new year--thank you Lord

Goatwhiskers
12-31-2018, 08:58 AM
Here we are on the brink of a whole new one, and I thank You for bringing me this far. The past one has been kinda rough, what with losing my wife and some health problems that the drs. haven;t made any progress on yet. God doesn't always take away or "cure" our problems, sometimes He gives us strength to deal with them. I have been blessed with two great kids, friends here and locally, a piece of dirt to stand on, a solid house that dad and I built, great insurance, and sufficient income to take care of my normal needs. I could ramble on, but really all I can do is say THANK YOU! GW

Wayne Smith
12-31-2018, 09:28 AM
All to often we forget to count our blessings - thanks for the reminder.

USMC87
12-31-2018, 09:45 AM
Well needed reminder, Amen.

Boaz
12-31-2018, 12:03 PM
Thank you GW ! We should all look ahead while thanking him for all given .

Pine Baron
12-31-2018, 12:06 PM
Amen GW. May God's blessings be with us all.

buckwheatpaul
12-31-2018, 01:50 PM
GW, I know you have had a tough 2018 but I am praying for a good 2019 for you along with better health. Paul

GhostHawk
12-31-2018, 10:25 PM
Lord, it has been a good year for me and my wife. Thank You!

I do not know where the next year will take me. But I know you will be beside me, and I know you will be carrying me over the hardest bits. Thank you again.

Truly you have blessed us. Praise the Lord.

Help me remember to give thanks to you every morning as I wake, and ever night before I sleep. Help me remember not to be such a cranky ol fart when I hurt. Age happens, parts wear out, stuff does not work right. Does not give me the right to inflict that on others.

There are no words to describe your greatest gift. Or the feeling in my heart when I consider what you have given us by grace. Thou knowest me better than I know myself Lord, you know what I feel. Help me to find the way to help others to that same state, the peace like a river, the contentment of being close to you. Thy will be done Lord, on earth as it is in heaven.

Thank you, and thank you my cast boolit brothers for listening.

smoked turkey
12-31-2018, 10:43 PM
Thank you Lord for your wonderful Grace and Mercy. You have blessed us so much that I sometimes look and see others problems and feel guilty for your abundant blessings on us. Like GhostHawk, I don't know what tomorrow holds, but I know who holds tomorrow!
I want to wish my brothers and sisters here on Cast Boolits a very Happy and Prosperous 2019. May it be filled with God's blessings and may we draw closer to Him and become more like Him.

rl69
01-01-2019, 07:46 PM
Amen..

retread
01-01-2019, 09:02 PM
Amen. And thank you all.