PDA

View Full Version : New Handcannon

Ramjet-SS
12-30-2018, 09:16 PM
Well picked up a new revolver today; Smith and Wesson Performance Center XVR460

yup

Recoil was manageable not as bad as heavy loads in light 44.

Accurate even offhand holds steady hit hard and put em right on target. The muzzle brake limits the muzzle rise and recoil very well. I have Encore pistol and rifle Barrel already so I had some 310 grain bullets loaded up 40 yards shot 2.5" groups from a sand bag with open sights. scope it up those groups will run much tighter. not sure I will put any optics on it I really like the way it is. Tomorrow I will run several loads with it.

jeepyj
12-30-2018, 09:52 PM
Congratulations on your new toy . A friend has one and there quite impressive. One fast revolver bullet at least with the factory ammo I've seen him shoot.

Charliemac
12-30-2018, 10:14 PM
I like hand cannons. Very nice.

PJEagle
12-30-2018, 10:19 PM
I have a 460 and two 500's. Trail Boss is my friend with the 500's, but I can go up a little more once in a while. The 460 is a pleasure to shoot. A lot more velocity and much more manageable recoil. Most of my load development over the next year will be focused on the 460.

Ramjet-SS
12-30-2018, 10:26 PM
What was really telling to me is how well this gun manages the felt recoil. My Encore carbine beats the crapola out of me. This was really not bad at all. The Ti S&W 44 is four times worse in the recoil department.

I think one of the reasons I can shoot this thing offhand so well is the bullet leaves that barrel in hurry the muzzle lift and recoil do not effect the path of flight as much. Very impressive really. No deer or Elk within 75 yards would have a chance :-D8-)