PDA

View Full Version : Echo shell holder adapter?

hendere
12-30-2018, 09:07 PM
Does anyone make an adapter so I can use modern shell holders on a press that needs screw on Echo style holders?

jimkim
12-30-2018, 09:18 PM
You should be able to swap the ram out for one of the replacements from CH4D. It takes regular shellholders.

Sent from my VS880 using Tapatalk

Pressman
12-30-2018, 09:41 PM
Easiest to upgrade the ram. However the Herter's thread on shellholders will also fit the ECHO ram.
Ken

hendere
12-30-2018, 09:51 PM
Easiest to upgrade the ram. However the Herter's thread on shellholders will also fit the ECHO ram.
Ken

Hi Pressman. This is for the Powrgear press. I had it apart, if I remember correctly the ram was unique and not a candidate for replacement. Maybe I need to look again. I've been playing around with it for 38 Special and the included holder is a little sloppy for my tastes. Maybe I should just look for a Herters one.

Let me know if you still want me to look for numbers on it, I've noticed some here and there.

Pressman
12-31-2018, 11:34 AM
I have a full set of shellholders for the Powrgear. Everyone is different, some even kind of crude. Most look like they were made from a hex nut.

The Herter's / Bystrom shellholders are fairly common and would be your best option.

hendere
12-31-2018, 10:14 PM
I have a full set of shellholders for the Powrgear. Everyone is different, some even kind of crude. Most look like they were made from a hex nut.

The Herter's / Bystrom shellholders are fairly common and would be your best option.

Mine is pretty crude, looks like it was made from a hex nut and I'm kind of afraid of it breaking.

After looking around a little, all the Herters ones I've seen have either a post or they have male threads. Is there another kind? The Echo ones and the one I'd like to replace would have female threads.

Pressman
01-01-2019, 01:17 AM
Herter's have male and female threads. They thread onto the ram, plus they were threaded into the die station and a primer punch threaded into the ram. The first ram prime system.
Ken

hendere
01-01-2019, 11:58 AM
Got it. As always, I appreciate the help very much.