PDA

View Full Version : Kick’s Buck Kicker chokes

6pt-sika
12-30-2018, 08:30 PM
Was at Greentop Sporting Goods in Glen Allen VA today and checked out the screw in chokes for my Benelli Montefeltro . Kick’s makes lite full , full and xtra full . They didn’t have the lite full in stock so I bought one of each of the other two. Tried them later today with factory 3” in #1 , 00 and 000 at 25 and 50 yards . Well I shot the 00 and 000 in the full Christmas key and #1 and 00 in the xtra full choke . They all did well enough that I’d not have qualms about trying deer out to 40 or so yards .

5Shot
12-31-2018, 02:35 AM
For #1 I went even tighter in my M1 and was getting 12" patterns at 35 yards.

6pt-sika
12-31-2018, 03:43 PM
I’m not a big advocate of 2 , 3 or 4 buck but I plan on trying them all on paper atleast . Killed one buck with #2 from a 10 gauge 2 7/8” handload and finished a couple off with #3 buck in 10 gauge 2 7/8” also handloads . Before I stop messing with this stuff I wanna take one outright with single shot of #3 buck in one of my 10’s and the same with #4 buck . Also wanna try 12 gauge 3” handloads with 0 , 2 and 3 buck .

Blood Trail
12-31-2018, 08:48 PM
I was impressed with 50’yard patterns when I did my review on them on YouTube. I killed my furthest deer to date with the full choke at 56 yards

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6pt-sika
12-31-2018, 09:08 PM
I was impressed with 50’yard patterns when I did my review on them on YouTube. I killed my furthest deer to date with the full choke at 56 yards

The shop I was at yesterday had the Buckshot full and xtra full but not the light full . Think Thursday I’ll order the lite full factory direct . Couple weeks ago I plunked a pair with the Benelli shooting 3” factory #1 . The first st 26 yards boom flop and the second at 32 yards boom flop . Only complaint I have for my circa 1988 Montefeltro is the fact that this version has a barrel boss that slides over the front of the Mag tube where a threaded stud comes out , so I cannot extend the mag . So this thing is a three shooter period .

Blood Trail
12-31-2018, 11:09 PM
When chick from Kick’s sent those two chokes, he sent a full and X-full.

According to him (and the website I believe), the Full is for 3-3.5” #00- #000 buck, while the XFull was for 2.75”-3” #4-00.

Ha e you heard anything like that?

6pt-sika
01-01-2019, 12:18 AM
When chick from Kick’s sent those two chokes, he sent a full and X-full.

According to him (and the website I believe), the Full is for 3-3.5” #00- #000 buck, while the XFull was for 2.75”-3” #4-00.

Ha e you heard anything like that?

They have a table in the packaging that pretty much says what they told you ! I’ve half way been contemplating a Tri-Star 12 gauge O/U that’s 3 1/2” . I can get one for a decent price thru the shop at dealer cost . But then I’ll need to set up a MEC Sizemaster for 12 gauge 3 1/2” [smilie=l:

6pt-sika
01-01-2019, 12:21 AM
It just occurred to me if I hunt the next ten years only with shotguns and average 12-15 a year I might just try all the different slug and buckshot loads I’d like to kill a deer with :killingpc

6pt-sika
01-03-2019, 12:35 AM
I ordered a Buck Kicker “Lite Full” for my Benelli today direct from Kicks . Hopefully I’ll have in hand next Wednesday .

Arisaka99
01-03-2019, 09:52 AM
Sika,

Have you had good luck with Green Top? I went there once, but didn't have the best experience. The people didn't seem to want to help us out, and we were looking to buy a safe at the time.

Haven't been back since, but maybe I'll have to make the pilgrimage down to RVA and give it another shake.

On the other hand, I have had super good luck with Town Police in Chesterfield. Bought my Glock there and everyone was super helpful and friendly!

6pt-sika
01-03-2019, 01:15 PM
Sika,

Have you had good luck with Green Top? I went there once, but didn't have the best experience. The people didn't seem to want to help us out, and we were looking to buy a safe at the time.

Haven't been back since, but maybe I'll have to make the pilgrimage down to RVA and give it another shake.

On the other hand, I have had super good luck with Town Police in Chesterfield. Bought my Glock there and everyone was super helpful and friendly!
There’s a young man at Greentop that used to work at the shop in Orange with us he’s quite knowledgeable and helpful . However when I went down the other day some youngster at the rifle/shotgun counter needed to get a key so I could get the chokes . He had the personality of a roadkill possum . Before I asked him about the choke tubes I was looking at a Parker single barrel trap , he and another associate felt the need to be at my elbow but neither said a word . I understand they’re worried about people stealing but I can’t very well stick a shotgun with a 32-34” barrel down my pants leg .

6pt-sika
01-05-2019, 07:47 PM
The Lite Full Buck Kicker choke arrived today . Hopefully I can get it patterned with factory 3” 000 in the next two weeks .