PDA

View Full Version : Parker Bows is Going Out of Business

trapper9260
12-30-2018, 09:49 AM
https://www.alloutdoor.com/2018/12/27/parker-bows-closing/?utm_source=Newsletter&utm_medium=Email&utm_content=2018-12-30&utm_campaign=Weekly+Newsletter

NSB
12-30-2018, 10:54 AM
I'm not even moderately surprised. Their customer support and warranty were the worst in the business. Three years ago I purchased a new cross-bow from them, a top of the line model. After having it for about a week, I noticed unusual string/cable wear on the bow after relatively few shots being fired out of it. Upon examination of the bow, it was obvious that the string was riding on half the rail and the other side was quite a bit above the rail. The bow was sitting "cocked" on the stock. I sent Parker at least five emails and left several phone messages on this and never received even one reply. I finally took the bow back to Cabela's and they took one look and offered me the choice of another bow or a full refund. I took the refund. About two weeks later I was going into Cabela's for something or other and Parker had a trailer out front and were attracting a crowd of people showing off their products. The trailer had a target inside and they were letting everyone who wanted to, to take a shot. The demo person called me over and asked if I wanted to shoot their bow. There were at least twenty people standing around watching and waiting. I told the demo guy what had happened with my previous Parker xbow and what my experience had been with their non-existent customer service. I gave kudo's to Cabela's for taking care of me with the problem and let him, and the entire crowd, know that I would never again purchase a Parker product. He didn't have much to say at that point and the crowd immediately dwindled. About half an hour later the demo guy found me in the store and asked me why I said what I did and told me I shouldn't have said it in front of everyone. I politely informed him that had he answered the phone or my emails I wouldn't have had anything to say. I also told him that he called on me to shoot his product, I didn't just walk up and try to embarrass him. So, I'm not surprised that they are folding.

Pine Baron
12-30-2018, 11:05 AM
Bear PERIOD.

William Yanda
12-30-2018, 11:53 AM
I'm not even moderately surprised. Their customer support and warranty were the worst in the business. Three years ago I purchased a new cross-bow from them, a top of the line model. After having it for about a week, I noticed unusual string/cable wear on the bow after relatively few shots being fired out of it. Upon examination of the bow, it was obvious that the string was riding on half the rail and the other side was quite a bit above the rail. The bow was sitting "cocked" on the stock. I sent Parker at least five emails and left several phone messages on this and never received even one reply. I finally took the bow back to Cabela's and they took one look and offered me the choice of another bow or a full refund. I took the refund. About two weeks later I was going into Cabela's for something or other and Parker had a trailer out front and were attracting a crowd of people showing off their products. The trailer had a target inside and they were letting everyone who wanted to, to take a shot. The demo person called me over and asked if I wanted to shoot their bow. There were at least twenty people standing around watching and waiting. I told the demo guy what had happened with my previous Parker xbow and what my experience had been with their non-existent customer service. I gave kudo's to Cabela's for taking care of me with the problem and let him, and the entire crowd, know that I would never again purchase a Parker product. He didn't have much to say at that point and the crowd immediately dwindled. About half an hour later the demo guy found me in the store and asked me why I said what I did and told me I shouldn't have said it in front of everyone. I politely informed him that had he answered the phone or my emails I wouldn't have had anything to say. I also told him that he called on me to shoot his product, I didn't just walk up and try to embarrass him. So, I'm not surprised that they are folding.

OOOps!!!! Thanks for the heads up.

jonp
12-30-2018, 12:00 PM

Dang! Good for you and you may have saved some people money. I usually take a disgruntled customer with a grain of salt with a review of the product but customer service is not something I take lightly. That guy called on you not the other way around. Good job.

trapper9260
12-30-2018, 12:19 PM

I would of done the same as you did with the guy. I got a Barnett and later after that was stolen on me when looking for a buck I shot with it was sitting in the box of my Ranger ,told the Game Warden and 5 days later i went to buy a 10 point crossbow and that after noon the Game Warden show up with my Barnett the one that stole it had knock the scope off of it and mess up the draw line on it.and had broke a bolt that help the rail down. The game warden got it form the park ranger that the place was not far from where I was hunting. The one that turn it in said it was on the road.I told the game Warden it was stole and was not on the road.He took care of it from there.i have it repair now and use the TenPoint now and save the other as a back up.

RU shooter
12-30-2018, 12:52 PM
Well hope the crossbow my dad bought about 5 yrs ago holds up I'm using it now without issue