PDA

View Full Version : Lee parts are free?

Messy bear
12-21-2018, 11:50 AM
The way I understand it, you can order parts free from the website and just pay shipping. But only the parts listed. Anything else that's not listed you have to get through sales.
Anyone have any experience with this? Am I understanding this right?
Thanks

Maven
12-21-2018, 11:58 AM
Mb, I just ordered some parts from Lee Precision yesterday: they weren't free!

lightman
12-21-2018, 12:00 PM
I don't really know. I don't have very much Lee equipment. The only time I needed support from Lee I was somewhat disappointed. I broke the decapping pin in my universal decapping die and Lee wanted me to mail the broken one back and pay shipping on the replacement. I bought 3 replacements from Midway for about what the postage was going to be on that replacement pin. Postage both ways was also close to what I paid for the die! To be clear, the broken pin was not Lee's fault. I just needed a replacement for a fair price. There was a small piece of pea gravel in the case that the pin hit at an angle, flexed to the side and broke. Like I said, not Lee's fault.

daboone
12-21-2018, 12:13 PM
They have always replaced parts for me for just the cost of the mail. I have returned defective stuff when they requested it. Once determined it was defective the replacement was sent no cost.

slim1836
12-21-2018, 12:22 PM
I had a recapping nut break, emailed them a pic and they sent me a complete die free.

Also ordered a priming assembly for my loadmaster and a couple springs and they were free.

Slim

jeepvet
12-21-2018, 02:28 PM
I don't really know. I don't have very much Lee equipment. The only time I needed support from Lee I was somewhat disappointed. I broke the decapping pin in my universal decapping die and Lee wanted me to mail the broken one back and pay shipping on the replacement. I bought 3 replacements from Midway for about what the postage was going to be on that replacement pin. Postage both ways was also close to what I paid for the die! To be clear, the broken pin was not Lee's fault. I just needed a replacement for a fair price. There was a small piece of pea gravel in the case that the pin hit at an angle, flexed to the side and broke. Like I said, not Lee's fault.

I have broken several decapping pins in my Lee universal decapping die. They usually ship the pin for free after I email them a picture of the bent or broken pin. I try to keep a least one spare pin because those Berdan primers are not good for a decapping pin.

JonB_in_Glencoe
12-21-2018, 02:56 PM
Lee parts are free?
The way I understand it, you can order parts free from the website and just pay shipping. But only the parts listed. Anything else that's not listed you have to get through sales.
Thanks
Yes, Lee parts are free...sort of.
While all the "parts" they list on their website have a price, the first one is free. If you need two of the same item, you will have to pay for the second one. But they do charge for shipping.
I ordered several parts to rebuild a Lee 4-20 Pro (lead melter), all the parts were free and shipping was $16

When I need a part not listed on their website (like a die body), I buy it through Titan or one of the other Lee vendors.

Rcmaveric
12-21-2018, 05:26 PM
I have ordered parts from them. They were cheap as i wil get out. Think i paid something like 10 dollars for a replaceslment decaping pin and a replacement small primer plastic ram doo hickey for the hand primer.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Gillie Dog
12-21-2018, 06:54 PM
Thanks

All I have been charged for is shipping on parts lately. Ordered a couple replacement parts and some spares and shipping was all that was charged.

Have emailed photos of broken/failed parts and they sent then free shipping also.

Add parts to your "cart" and it will show price in cart of $0.00 for the "free" parts.

Good luck

GD

Moleman-
12-21-2018, 07:08 PM
I usually just order the parts I need from Midway or Brownells when I'm ordering from them. Decapping stems I'll just drill for a standard decapping pin and loctite it in. I did order a auto pro disk measure from them recently and some replacement parts for one I already have (spring, and swivel body). Only got charged for the measure and shipping.

redhawk0
12-21-2018, 07:13 PM
For replacement parts for the casting pots...yes its free + shipping...and yes...they jack up the shipping cost just a weeee bit. You only get to rebuild your pot ONCE for free...after that they charge for the parts.

redhawk

Iron369
12-21-2018, 08:01 PM
My experience with Lee was a little different. I didn’t get any free parts. Maybe I should have emailed them. I didn’t expect free parts though. I went through a supplier because the shipping was cheaper. I knocked over my Lee pot while it was half full of solid lead. It broke the guide screws and bent the lever and pin. It was just a few bucks for the parts.

Dieselhorses
12-21-2018, 09:19 PM
I ordered various parts (screws, washers, springs what have you), even a replacement arm for my loadmaster. They were in fact "free" as far as the shopping cart was concerned but the shipping was a little steep.

flyingmonkey35
12-21-2018, 10:35 PM
In order to get the "FREE" parts + shipping you must have a account on leepercison.com and order online.

When you get to the check out you will see your total + shipping.

I have rebuilt a few presses for cost of shipping.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Gillie Dog
12-22-2018, 02:24 AM
In order to get the "FREE" parts + shipping you must have a account on leepercison.com

Interesting, didn't know that part. Probably because I've had an account all along even though I buy parts (not free ones) and presses other places because they can be found less expensive elsewhere.

GD

Traffer
12-22-2018, 02:54 AM
I got three parts at twp different times from Lee. All parts for my Lee Classic Cast that I purchased used from a private party. Once I needed the special part that holds the handle along with a bolt another time I needed the spring clip that holds the shell holder... both times I was only charged for shipping. Both times the fault was mine. I broke the handle holder by cranking the bolt too tight with a huge crescent wrench and I lost the clip. Both times I expected to pay for the parts but to my surprise ...no charge. I wish I could get free parts for used guns that I have bought.

1bluehorse
12-22-2018, 12:15 PM
I don't recall ever getting anything "free" from Lee. Had a LM press for a long time and the ram finally started getting worn to the point it was getting a bit rough to work. Called Lee to order a new one. Nope, Lee don't sell just the ram :shock: had to buy the whole lower unit (ram, handle and attaching links) cost was 60 bucks. Almost wasn't worth it. I did not expect a "free" ram as the press was at least 10 years old but didn't expect to have to buy the other parts too. The one's on the press were fine. Sold the press after "refurbishing" it. I have another LM I purchased a few months ago NIB for cheap that I use for a dedicated decapping machine. It's good for that.

scotner
12-22-2018, 02:00 PM
Sort of like the TV sales pitches. Order now and we will double your order free. Just pay a separate shipping and handling charge. Which, I am sure, will amount to the cost of the "free" item. Same with Lee and their warranty.

kaiser
12-22-2018, 05:43 PM
If not for Lee I would have never gotten into reloading some 50 years ago; for their gear was relatively inexpensive and they provided information free for the reading (being a poor on my first salaried job, I needed cheap and free). Over the years I've used their equipment to load all matter of metallic cartridges, as well as shot shells, while upgrading my initial choices. They have always been fair in their pricing of parts and equipment and I have found they give priority to the individual consumer over any of their distributors. I have and use various brands of reloading gear and sometimes prefer some types of equipment made by other manufacturers over Lee; however, Lee is my "go to" company for "practical", reliable, yet inexpensive products. (And, I do not own stock in the company, nor am I related in any way.) Likewise, Lee got me into bullet casting (on second thought, Maybe I should buy stock in the company!)

kevin c
12-23-2018, 02:59 AM
Yes, Lee parts are free...sort of.
While all the "parts" they list on their website have a price, the first one is free. If you need two of the same item, you will have to pay for the second one. But they do charge for shipping.
I ordered several parts to rebuild a Lee 4-20 Pro (lead melter), all the parts were free and shipping was $16.

Exactly my experience with Lee when I ordered parts to modify my 4-20 into a feeder pot. Any part I had not ordered before came for the cost of shipping. A duplicate of a part ordered, needed because I messed up the first one, was list price. IIRC, the list price of the parts was more than the shipping.

Handloader109
12-23-2018, 11:26 AM
Sort of like the TV sales pitches. Order now and we will double your order free. Just pay a separate shipping and handling charge. Which, I am sure, will amount to the cost of the "free" item. Same with Lee and their warranty.No, why would you expect any company to pay shipping of a replacement part ti a doohickey that may be years old just because you say yo uh broke it? That any of the reloading press companies provide anything free is amazing to me in this day and age. When your iPhone or tablet dies because of a dead battery does apple send you a replacement or replace it for free? Not on your life. Heck brand new bent iPads are not being replaced

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Traffer
12-26-2018, 07:59 PM
In order to get the "FREE" parts + shipping you must have a account on leepercison.com and order online.

When you get to the check out you will see your total + shipping.

I have rebuilt a few presses for cost of shipping.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
I didn't need no stinkin account...expected to pay but was not charged. I guess they like me better than the rest or you. And who could blame them?

DestructionDan
12-28-2018, 02:19 PM
I have gotten a few replacement parts from lee in the past. They never asked me to pay shipping. All broken parts were my doing or new to me broken pins.
Today I called for a old 22-250 Lee Loader rod with broken pin, and they want a little over 6$ shipping.
That 6$ sent me into a search party for a 223 rod I knew I had. Hours later and searching every box in the bench I gave up.
Put everything back and found it in my DIY door die holder, holding shell holders up.

Conditor22
12-28-2018, 03:45 PM
Not all the free parts a listed, call lee and the lady that answers can help you.