PDA

View Full Version : fed ex

RED BEAR
12-20-2018, 12:40 PM
another experience with the most useless people in the world. waited all day for package that needed signature. never showed saw on tracking that it was listed as attempted delivery called was put in contact with local office and was told they would send driver back never came the first time. waited nother 3 hours nothing called in again was told no-one called driver. and that fedex doesn't do that after a certain time. person on phone absolutely assured me that the driver was coming back so i skipped going out to dinner to wait for them. asked for phone number for local office so i could talk to same person can't give out number for local office. in past delivered gun cabnets to wrong address and it would take 2 days to investigate before they would come out and deliver to my address. and i needed to go get them my self had to pay neighborhood kid to go get them. i will refuse to do business with anyone that can't ship another way . i am willing to pay extra so i don't have to deal with them again.

toallmy
12-20-2018, 12:46 PM
Yep I have been down that road before with them .

Hickory
12-20-2018, 12:56 PM
Two months ago, fedex delivered my inslin to my property, the driver put in my shelter house 80 feet beyond the house and on the other side of the drive. He could have put in in the corn field for all the good it did.

After nearly 3 weeks waiting for it to show up and numerous phone calls and looking everywhere I found it and itwas no good.

More phone calls to the Dr., pharmacy it was replaced. But, I was without inslin for over a week. You can say what you want about other common couriers but fedex has got to be the worst.

jcren
12-20-2018, 01:56 PM
Twice i have taken off work or otherwise made sure i was home to sign for packages. Once the driver said undeliverable due to weather conditions (wasn't even raining) and the other he said gate was locked. I dont even have a gate!

Land Owner
12-20-2018, 03:22 PM
You, the receiving Public, may perceive the Corporation is to fault for its MANAGERS and some Drivers if you wish, and perhaps it is in their culture and they OWN IT. No one wants to do their jobs in 2018. FEDEX Managers put unrelenting pressure on their drivers, making schedule changes, day shift to night, route changes, more work for no more money, as negative inducements for those unwilling to play Management's game. I have a friend who left FED-UP after 18 years of continuous service in 2010 due to severe issues with Management playing games with schedules, routes, etc., in order to force Driver compliance. I am surprised that GOING POSTAL applies to the USPO and hasn't occurred at FED-UP.

JBinMN
12-20-2018, 03:29 PM
This has happened to me on more than one occasion as well & it ticks me off...

They use excuses when they are running behind so they can deliver the next day is what I am thinking.
Like if they are running behind, and/or you are out of their way to deliver on that days route and the majority of other packages are in one area close to one another, then if it is delayed/not delivered on time( on purpose, by the driver) then the package goes to the top of the list for the next day, or something like that.

It is a bunch of baloney , but that I what I think they are doing...

MaryB
12-20-2018, 06:11 PM
Worst delivery company on earth! Latest was a box fan I use to move cold air during winter so heat form the pellet stove flows into those rooms. Fan arrives with the box smashed and ripped, fan grate is all scratched up and cracked. Driver never knocked, if she had I would have refused the shipment. Call them to come get it as a rejected shipment. They pickup fan then send me a letter saying damage claim denied... I never filed a damage claim it was a rejected shipment. After going around with them for 10 days I gave up. Tempted to file in small claims court just to spite them and file for $1000 in damages for my wasted time. $20 fan dudes, just pay up!

On top of them almost never delivering to my house, instead they dump my packages all over town and I get other people packages. Open the door and trip on something... I no longer call them to say a package was miss delivered, not my problem, figure it out yourselves!

And when I place an order now I put in NO FEDEX! If they can't ship some other way refund my money!

bdicki
12-20-2018, 06:39 PM
DHL will give them a run for the money.

jonp
12-20-2018, 06:47 PM
No one wants to do their jobs in 2018.

In the trucking industry, got that right. I was supposed to have tomorrow off as SWMBO is taking it off and leaving Sat for home so I'll be here with the dog for Christmas. A couple of drivers wandered in today and informed the boss they were not working as it was "a holiday" so guess who is going in?

FedEX last year was supposed to deliver a package from a reloading company Monday. Said delayed by weather. Tuesday was returned to terminal. Wed couldn't find address (odd, they found it fine a few weeks before), Thurs was returned again, finally got it Friday.

This year, a package that was "on the truck for delivery" took 4 days to finally get here. It is what it is.

RED BEAR
12-20-2018, 07:28 PM
caught the driver going to neighbor's house again to day had to ask if he could read upon which he replied yes he could so i asked what address he was looking for he read it off and i pointed out that thats not the address on that door he then replied oh this comes over there well do you think you could deliver it across town. now i have had gripes about usps and lord knows they deserved them but no one is this bad thats why they won't list or give out the phone number for the store that the trucks come out of all others are listed. my ups man on the other hand does a great jod even putting packages around back if i am not home usps has actually found a mail man worth a darn for a pleasant change will probably transfer him tomarrow. i just can't understand how a company can stay in business with this kind of service. i will no longer do business with any company that uses fedex exclusively.

jonp
12-20-2018, 07:57 PM
my ups man on the other hand does a great job

Our last one used to put my packages in the pickup and lock it for me. Great guy.

lightman
12-20-2018, 08:12 PM
I have had good service from both the USPS and UPS. Not so much with FedX. FedX has a rep around here for delivering to the wrong address. Thankfully I have good neighbors! I can't say enough good things about UPS. One of my drivers was a woman, not a bad looking old girl. She called me Rambo, so I guess she recognized places like Midway and Midsouth Shooters!

condorjohn
12-20-2018, 09:16 PM
I always cringe when I buy something that will ship FedEx. So far I've been lucky. Haven't had problems with UPS or USPS.
This time of year FedEx hires anyone that can pass their litmus test, AKA warm bodies.

1911sw45
12-20-2018, 09:39 PM
Seen something today that I never seen before. I was out side just before dark this evening. This mini van comes up the road and slows down at each mail box on the way to my house as it passes by I seen a magnetic sign on the side of the mini van that had Fedex on it. Guess they are using subcontractors to deliver now. It was a regular mini van.

Hannibal
12-20-2018, 09:51 PM
I don't know if it's a nation wide thing or not, but more than one driver told me that the delivery trucks are owned by the drivers, even the box trucks with FedEx on the side in 3' letters.

lefty o
12-20-2018, 10:17 PM
they sure arent my favorite in the delivery game. heck even had them tell me 1 time that i had moved. as i sad back to them "oh &*^*^%^ really!!!".

CLAYPOOL
12-20-2018, 10:38 PM
My U.P.S. kid is great. Also a plus for my rural mail route girls. they know to go next door to "SISTERS" for a Sig. Nephew runs them down for packages (Guns) like a hound dog. I did loose a Mag - 10 for 9 months in the postal service. I figured they was shooting pecans out of the trees with it...

Ickisrulz
12-20-2018, 10:45 PM
I am fortunate that I have a FedEx driver (he owns the truck) living in my neighborhood. I get most FedEx packages delivered by him one day early.

In my experience, UPS is the best and DHL is the worst.

am44mag
12-20-2018, 11:07 PM
They delivered two separate packages two weeks apart to an unknown location (they tried to claim they delivered them to us). One was a $100 PSU for a computer, the other was about $45 worth of bullets. After nearly a month of dealing with their BS, blowing up their Facebook like no one ever has, numerous calls to numerous facilities along with the driver, they FINALLY went and got the packages and delivered them. We basically had to make their lives a living hell until they did.

We have no idea where those packages were. They were never opened at least.

No real problems with UPS and especially USPS. Those people are actually competent.

Walks
12-20-2018, 11:30 PM
FED-EX is the reason I quit smoking. They were the delivery company that brought my Cigars.
Adult Signiture Required.
I live down the street from a middle school. They never even rang the doorbell, just threw the box at the bottom of the steps.
In sight of the Middle School.

After missing My Cigar Delivery 3 months in row, I just gave up.

Houndog
12-21-2018, 12:06 AM
If you think their delivery drivers are totally inept you need to try dealing with their warehouse people, especially this time of year! Fedex AND UPS hire whatever dregs they can get to "work" for minimum wage for a 4-6 hour shift with NO benefits. My company hauled their Christmas overflow freight for many years as heavy haul almost stops in the winter months. They paid us well terminal to terminal, even hauling air freight that NEVER got close to an airplane, but their temporary dock workers and management were the absolute worst I've ever had to deal with!

RP
12-21-2018, 12:14 AM
I built a box/crate to put on my front porch and labeled it for deliveries when I order something when I am able I note to leave package in the crate/box on the front porch. I have packages left right beside it on at the door twenty feet from it even with a note on the door asking for it to be put in the box.
I have a dog if something comes and I do not see it part of the dog job he thinks is to tear any package apart playing with it. If its raining and there is any wind the porch gets wet so the package is also wet.
I have gone as far as drawing on the porch with chalk big arrows and foot steps going to the box still no package has made it inside the box. I really do not know what else I can do.

WarEagleEd
12-21-2018, 03:39 AM
I have an account with FedEx and use them when things don't fit neatly in a USPS flat rate box. I don't typically have any problems with them. However, in the last few years the two electonic items I shipped with them arrived broken. After those two incidents, I decided not to ship, via FedEx, any electronic item that isn't ruggedized. I did place a claim with FedEx for one item and got my money back without much hassle or waiting, but I placed the claim as the shipper not as the recipient. Both of the items had to have been dropped or handled roughly as I typically do a thorough job of packing.

crankycalico
12-21-2018, 04:19 AM
nah, the fun aspect of fedex is that you can call customer service and ask them why they left a package on your door step,,,, that needed a signature, and was roughly 30 miles away from its intended destination. And they act surprised youd be concerned or call them..

William Yanda
12-21-2018, 09:00 AM
My $.02, yesterday I noticed a Fedex van that had a noticeably damaged front bumper and grill. I thought to myself that business must be brisk to have a van on the road which obviously needed work. Comments in the thread on ownership by the driver may help me understand.
Then this morning on the news, it was reported that Fedex was fined by NYS for mischaracterizing drivers as independent contractors. Major $ settlement to be shared by the drivers in question for overtime etc.

tdoor4570
12-21-2018, 09:32 AM
Fed-ex ups usps around here are all the same can't find there backside with both hands.

MrWolf
12-21-2018, 11:21 AM
Can't stand fed-ex but my ups guys are great. Even had one call me when there was a weather issue asking if it was ok to leave with neighbor at bottom of my road. Trucks were called back due to snow.

Hickok
12-21-2018, 01:15 PM
Same here, our UPS drivers are top notch.

Fed-Ex is totally inept and undependable.

MaryB
12-21-2018, 06:33 PM
10 years ago my fedex driver was great... he was born in my house though and he thought it was great that I had restored it. He retired and now the drivers are rude, refuse to put packages inside the porch despite a sign on the door...

Handloader109
12-22-2018, 06:28 PM
The issue with FedEx is that ALL delivery drivers are contract. Not FedEx employees. Contractors for a specific route. Mines been good so far. Had more issues with usps changing routes and mis routing for weeks. Slows packages by 2 to 3 days.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

EDG
12-22-2018, 07:18 PM
I ordered a case of case cleaner first thing Monday morning 12-17. I got the package Thursday the 20th in the afternoon delivered by Fed EX. I thought about it the next day. (Tue the 18th) and decided I could use another case and ordered it late that night so it would ship the 19th.
Well it was shipped the 19th but my delivery schedule is for Dec 27 via UPS.
Since the cleaner is an acid it cannot be shipped by air or the USPS.
Based on my experience the USPS has been more reliable than either of the common carriers.