PDA

View Full Version : Nightmares

GregLaROCHE
12-20-2018, 04:07 AM
Last night I had a dream that the barrel of my .45-70 was totally leaded. So much that I was using a torch on the barrel to melt it out.

I have had some like shooting too hot a load and ending up with a big bulge in the barrel. There have been others and some good ones too.

Anyone else have dreams about casting and reloading?

Dieselhorses
12-20-2018, 04:14 AM
I had dreams like that but every time I had to shoot a zombie I could either see the bullet fall out the end of the barrel or the darn trigger wouldn't squeeze!

lightman
12-20-2018, 11:34 AM
Yeah, its usually before or after I have done a big smelt. Last spring me and Biggin and a couple of other buddies smelted something like 5600# of wheel weights. Some of the other guys brought ingots that they already had to blend with the new weights so we really smelted more than 5600#. I had a few dreams while we were working on that haul! My dreams were mostly about working and not about disasters. We would do maybe 2 batches a day, 350-400 pounds in a batch and we worked parts of 8 days. At night I would pour, dump or stack ingots in my sleep!

GregLaROCHE
12-20-2018, 11:50 AM
Wow! That’s a lot of lead. Don’t think I ever heard about anyone doing that much in one run.

mattw
12-20-2018, 11:58 AM
My only gun related nightmare is really odd. I am out rabbit hunting and run across and elephant sized bunny that like to eat people!

metricmonkeywrench
12-20-2018, 12:04 PM
mattw you are in definite need of the "Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch" for that one...

lightman
12-20-2018, 03:13 PM
Wow! That’s a lot of lead. Don’t think I ever heard about anyone doing that much in one run.

That was my biggest one ever. I can get 3+ five gallon buckets in my smelting and I wait until I have that many weights before smelting. So, usually just one run every year or so. Me and Biggin bought that haul from another CB member that was down sizing. Mostly sorted weights that I sorted again and a few odd chunks and ingots. We didn't do it all at once. We tried to do 2 and occasionally 3 batches in a day, working on Biggin's days off.

fatelk
12-20-2018, 03:14 PM
Dreams are interesting; the brain's way of dealing with our worries and stress. I don't think I've ever had a dream/nightmare about casting or reloading.

I had one once that I remember, long ago, where an angry bull was chasing me. I had a gun but couldn't make it shoot. The bull chased me onto the barn roof and I couldn't get away until I woke up. I'm sure the bull represented an insurmountable problem I was worried about or something like that.

Whenever I'm really stressed about work (occasionally over the years) I dream that I'm back in the milking parlor on the dairy where I grew up. What a nightmare! Whenever I have that dream, I tell my wife the next day, "Wow, I'm more stressed about work than I thought!"

I recently had a dream about something that really shook me up. It shakes me up a bit now, a couple weeks later. It's a family thing, and in reality everything is fine with the family, but I find it interesting that my mind came up with that kind of dream to deal with our recent stress.

ShooterAZ
12-20-2018, 03:30 PM
In one of my dreams I opened my gun safe to find all of my firearms dripping wet and really rusty.That was a bad one!

Markopolo
12-20-2018, 05:46 PM
I have had nightmares about the “tinsel”fairy a couple of times... oh wait... those weren’t dreams..

MT Chambers
12-20-2018, 05:49 PM
I think that y'all need counselling.

tazman
12-20-2018, 07:55 PM
Try a different brand of sleeping pills or a better brand of whiskey.

whisler
12-20-2018, 08:57 PM
Forget the sleeping pills, just get premium whiskey. From Kentucky, of course.

Ateam
12-20-2018, 09:14 PM
I had dreams like that but every time I had to shoot a zombie I could either see the bullet fall out the end of the barrel or the darn trigger wouldn't squeeze!

I have had the "couldn't squeeze the trigger" one, scary for sure. When I lived on a houseboat, I would have dreams about trying to run it up and really rocky shallow river, a creek really, strange...

EMC45
12-20-2018, 09:15 PM
Mine are I am being chased and I have a .44 wheelgun and a pocket full of .38s.....

Tom W.
12-21-2018, 12:59 AM
Or Canada.. like Crown Royal.....

The dream I had was when one of my friends said all that I had to do to my cast boolits was put them in his tumbler with the latest and greatestmoly powder, then just load them.

I loaded 100 and went to the range with my Colt GM. 3 shots and I was getting difficult loading. 5 shots and it was impossible. I dropped the magazine, cleared the pistol and noticed that there looked to be silver spaghetti coming out the muzzle.
It was a nightmare alright.........

Dieselhorses
12-21-2018, 04:43 PM
Now at least I know I'm not alone lol. When I quit smoking 5 years ago using Chantix I had the WILDEST dreams! They weren't really nightmares but all in "Techni-color or 3d". The pills DID do the job after just 2 weeks! Never wanted another smoke. I got some more about a year ago thinking it would help me kick the "snuff" habit but... About a week ago I dreamed I heard something in woods behind my house of when I was about 12. It had just turned dark but I can make out a woman in a white dress kinda walking/floating through the trees. She got close enough and I discovered it was Oprah! I said "slow down" so I can talk to you but she replied "I can't, I'm exercising and I highly advise you do the same or you'll be where I'm at now". I got the picture in my dream and started jogging down that old road (running out of breath the whole time.)

Smoke4320
12-21-2018, 04:56 PM
a pack of carnivorous squirrels and I have a single shot :)

mold maker
12-21-2018, 06:17 PM
My power service line drooped after the ice storm and the lights began to flicker. Lineman said the squirrels had eaten almost through the bare (support) wire to the point that it could no longer support the added ice load. He replaced over 8 feet and showed me where it was down to less than one strand in several locations. He had to inspect the whole 140'. That line was upgraded less than 8 years ago.
As a result I had to replace 4 LED s, 3 florescent s, and the electronics board in my kitchen range.
I may have to start eating squirrel pies again instead of feeding the tree rats........

FISH4BUGS
12-21-2018, 07:29 PM
When I can't get to sleep, I set my mind into my "happy place". I start casting and sizing/lubing bullets in my mind.

tazman
12-21-2018, 11:21 PM
When I can't get to sleep, I set my mind into my "happy place". I start casting and sizing/lubing bullets in my mind.

Now, I like that idea.

samari46
12-21-2018, 11:49 PM
One of the meds I was taking years back used to give me bad dreams. That was when I started taking the medical info I got from the pharmacy and reading them closely. Called the doc up and told him what was going on. Stopped that med and he gave me another one. Haven't had a bad dream in years. Frank

tazman
12-22-2018, 12:05 AM
My first wife(now dead) had some mental issues she was being treated for. Some of the medications gave her dreams and hallucinations. Some of them were really bad until she stopped taking certain of the meds.
There was a time when I was certain I was going to get arrested for something that happened in one of her dreams because she sometimes thought they were reality.
I never knew what the situation was going to be when I got home from work. It made for a very stressful time in my life.

I can't say that I have ever had a dream concerning my casting. reloading, or guns. At least I don't remember any.

GregLaROCHE
12-22-2018, 04:41 AM
Until I reached fifty, I almost never remembered a dream. I thought maybe I didn’t dream. Then something changed. And I now I seem to have all sorts. Sometimes it’s like going to the movies. I even wake myself up laughing. Must be the whisky!

lightman
12-22-2018, 10:38 AM
My power service line drooped after the ice storm and the lights began to flicker. Lineman said the squirrels had eaten almost through the bare (support) wire to the point that it could no longer support the added ice load. He replaced over 8 feet and showed me where it was down to less than one strand in several locations. He had to inspect the whole 140'. That line was upgraded less than 8 years ago.
As a result I had to replace 4 LED s, 3 florescent s, and the electronics board in my kitchen range.
I may have to start eating squirrel pies again instead of feeding the tree rats........

There is something in that aluminum that squirrels crave. The little grey cat squirrels seem to be the worst. I've been on trouble calls and found the entire connector eaten away. All kinds of bad things can happen to the voltage when you loose the neutral. The neutral is what makes 2 separate 120's out of 240. If you loose the neutral one side can climb while the other side drops. Neither is good for your equipment.

popper
12-22-2018, 11:26 AM
She told me the other day she had dreams of TV commercials. Wow, she needs to go shopping. Chased by some large animal (typically a bear) appears to be quite common.

fatelk
12-22-2018, 04:43 PM
I've had dreams where I was eating candy, and suddenly realized that it was .22 ammo. It really concerned me because I was chewing up and eating lead bullets, and lead is toxic. I guess I've become more concerned about lead exposure over the years.