PDA

View Full Version : Our Anniversary

Tom W.
12-19-2018, 02:36 PM
The 23rd of this month Lori and I will have been married for five years.

This past weekend the family got together for our annual to do at local country club, and then went to our niece's home to watch the kids open gifts.
Lori's sister gave us two cards. one was a Christmas card, the other an anniversary card. Lori read it and almost fell off of the chair laughing. I got to see it.

The outside said "Remember when you were dating and got married? Everything was Diamonds and hearts....

Now it's Clubs and Spades....."

JBinMN
12-19-2018, 02:45 PM
Congrats on your Wedding Anniversary! Wishing you both Many more years together!
:drinks:

( We are celebrating ours on the same date too. )

Funny card too!
:D

And A Merry Christmas! as well!
:)

RED BEAR
12-19-2018, 06:42 PM
good on ya and hopeing many more to come.

Houndog
12-20-2018, 06:26 AM
Congrats to you newlyweds! May GOD bless you and I wish you many many more!

William Yanda
12-20-2018, 08:22 AM
5 is a good start. We said our vows in Jan. 1975. My wife's grandmother told her; "Any **** fool will snuggle when it's cold!"

EDG
12-20-2018, 08:50 AM
Check back with us in 45 years. We will see if you still think it is funny.

Wayne Smith
12-20-2018, 08:54 AM
Congrats on the anniversary. William, you got us by a couple months. We were married June 1975 - LOML would rather get married than go to her college graduation, so we did.

lightman
12-20-2018, 11:09 AM
Congratulations on your Anniversary. Hope you have many more!

Wis Tom
12-20-2018, 11:32 AM
Congratulations, and always cherish every moment, as you can never go back.

atr
12-20-2018, 11:38 AM
Congratulations ! Cherish the love and partnership.

georgerkahn
12-20-2018, 12:01 PM
Same date, different year :) -- today (12/20) is also my wedding anniversary -- seems like yesterday, on a cool (it was 14 degrees below zero) 20th December in 1975 -- that being FORTY-THREE years ago! My best wishes that you and yours continue your happiness as long, if not longer, than we have enjoyed. (This, not my first rodeo/marriage -- "three's the charm" -- reinforces "yes, dear" as a major secret to success) (just kidding... it's been good, through thick and thin!)
geo

blackthorn
12-20-2018, 12:39 PM
Congratulations Lori & Tom!! From reading many of your other posts, it appears you both have chosen a winner. Gail and I wish you many more happy years and as much happiness as we have (22years and counting).

Tom W.
12-23-2018, 08:13 PM
Today was the first time since my Cancer surgeries, or at least in the last two years, that I was able to go to church without worrying about medical problems. We went to the early service. Came home and took a nap. Well, Lori did, I pretty much passed out for a few hours. A bit around 1600 we went back to the church to walk on their fairly newly constructed walking trail/playground, rec area. It was very nice. I made two trips around ten I had to stop. Lori made a third, and we went looking at the other things that they had to do. Foosball was one, and ping pong another. We just watched the youths on the basketball court, and the little kids trying to throw a Frisbee..... It fairly warm and enjoyable....