PDA

View Full Version : Auber - Temp Controls - PID

Mal Paso
12-15-2018, 09:38 PM
Mercury based hydraulic thermostats like the old Pro Melt are going away and the replacements don't seem to be as accurate or last as long. A customer has replaced 2 such thermostats (not lead pot related) in the last year. I didn't see anything not PID on the Auber site so I called. The tech said no problem, turn off the autotune, and set the deadband. You can also set a high limit so the customer can't over cook things.

There is a full page of custom settings in the 8 page instructions, a giant leap from the scrap of paper I got from amazon. Quality is better too. The controller was $45 and you can get a whole inkbird kit for that but Auber quality is a whole level up.

11 am Thursday I placed the order with the lowest priced shipping (FedEx) and came back in an hour later to find it had shipped. Ya they all say that and just send the info. Friday I tracked it and it did leave Thursday, arriving Tuesday. NOT it was in my mailbox today Georgia to California, 48 hours.

Auber really know their products but this is for those who know electrical wiring basics. http://www.auberins.com/

Not affiliated just impressed.

Mike W1
12-15-2018, 11:41 PM
Have been running an Auber unit for a few years and agree their support and products are great. Wasn't too impressed with a Mypin compared to the Auber for controlling a hot plate and sent it back. Perhaps some better instructions on it than I was ever able to find MIGHT have helped. On the other hand I've been happy with the 3 Rex units I use to control 2 pots and a heater.

Alstep
12-17-2018, 05:50 PM
I got all my PID components from Aubers. No complaints.

slim1836
12-17-2018, 06:26 PM
I got all my PID components from Aubers. No complaints.

As did I, without any issues so far.

Slim

Ranger 7
12-19-2018, 02:57 PM
Same here!
My Pid unit ($45.00) and several other items were all from Aubers.
Unit looks great and has/is working great! No problems at all.